Version 10.0 Preview

the question still remains... which one's which in the clip ? you can be sure though, that I wouldn't place any bets on either of them. usually I can tell a slight difference, and maybe it's because it's late, but when I first listened to it, I thought it was the same clip twice :)

I always wonder why he's playing it twice. Then somebody asks which was which, and I listen again very closely. I hazard to say it's amp and Axe. They both sound good, but the second has more low mid and the vowel is sort of 'O', versus the first one being 'ahn'.

Cool intro into the new year. :D

Happy new year to all. Sounds likes it could be AXE FUN as 2012.

Ancient Chinese Secret...

Sorry, but I can't really say much since I don't want to give away any secrets. I had an epiphany the other day and this is the result. The amp in the clip is a 6505+ that I borrowed from MGChris yesterday.

I'm famous! (Or at least, my amp is...)

Sounds terrific! That is such a fantastic sounding head - having it in the Axe is a kickass way to start the new year. :D

That sounds awesome... I think I hear a bit more compression on the 2nd half of the clip but I have no idea which is the axe or the amp?

Wow. I just ordered mine last week, and assuming it is shipped with the latest firmware, mine will be out of date by the time I get it this week!

Cliff, do you ever take time off? ;)

I haven't managed to update to V9 yet (LOTS of December gigs, the last of which was tonight), and already there's a V10 around the corner.

I take it that this is a comparison mp3. I'd be happier with the second tone, as it does seem a little smoother when the volume is rolled up, but tbh, both are damn good, and trying to figure out which is which (assuming one is Axe and one is amp) for me is pointless. I'd be happy with either, and the distinction I made was nitpicky! :)

It's witchcraft, I tell you!!!! :D

I don't know what to say but I definetely think there should be a new kind of Noble price!
Simply WACKED!
Cheers and merry new year!
ps. Please don't let this become another "When will it be out thread?"

...and already there's a V10 around the corner.

I hope that some have not read too much into this thread. I believe Cliff just wanted to share the new concept he has found for his aptly named multi-doohicky-iteration-whachamakalit that will eventually be released when #10 firmware happens to come out. This does not mean that FW10 is right around the corner or even "soon" for that matter. Have you ever written a piece or played something that just came upon you and you suddenly want to share it with the world? I think that's what this thread is about. Not necessarily that there is a new firmware right around the corner. I'm sure he certainly didn't want to create a new line of inpatient children trying to knock down the door to find the Wizard of Oz is actually naked with thick, tattered wools socks, wearing a soldering iron around his neck.

I say this with humility and respect "Please, let the man and his team work!!" Please! This also goes for Axe Edit! We are not in Junior High school anymore are we? I sometimes forget.

Don't some of you feel like spoiled children? Let me tell you that you are! I am too. I just got my Axe less than a couple months ago, I have seen some amazing developments in that time and I also do want the next release of both the firmware and Axe Edit just because I hear about them and I imagine what it will be like to have MORE. But, I just stay with old firmware and practice my instrument until the next best thing comes along when it's ready and I am so very grateful to have a team that is filled with passion as much as I am. Hope you will join me in that journey!

Love you all and I hope 2013 is a year of appreciation and true happiness for all of us.

With dynamics matching that close I'm already wanting to see how 10 will play and feel, especially working the pick...great clip...eye/ear opening...

I once wrote that this product is like a delicate wine...it can only get better. Happy New Year Cliff and all at FAS and all the happy users, from the Indian Ocean.

Tubes? We don't need tubes where we're going.

That provoked a random thought...

Adding the option in the AMP block to change the tube type used from both the preamp and power tubes. Not going to the extent of changing Brand A 12AX7 with Brand B 12AX7 to hear a noticeable difference but more like 12AX7 to 12AU7.

I'm sure that is already possible in some form or another but I haven't dug deep enough into the Axe-FX 2 to find it for myself.

Ancient Chinese Secret...

Sorry, but I can't really say much since I don't want to give away any secrets. I had an epiphany the other day and this is the result. The amp in the clip is a 6505+ that I borrowed from MGChris yesterday.
Ok. So there is a real amp AND a simulated amp? I couldn't tell there were two different ones...

Was the real one miced or power soaked and fed into a cab sim? Regardless it sounds awesome.

Back
Top Bottom