Fractal IRs

One of my primary goals for next year is to build up a library of pro-quality IRs. We are reserving studio time to capture as many cabs as we can. This will include classic amps (i.e Fender Champ) as well as separate cabinets.

I can't overemphasize the importance of IRs. The amp modeling is down to the point that it is so close to the real amps that it doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the IR.

The Axe-Fx II was designed with a lot of extra storage space for factory IRs and I would like to take advantage of that soon.
that sounds like an incredibly good idea ! are we talking "pre-mic'ed" cabs, meaning including different mics (which I'd prefer for realism) or that we "have to" use the Axe's mic sims ?
with the recent addition of AxeChange there's even more storage space ;)

One of my primary goals for next year is to build up a library of pro-quality IRs. We are reserving studio time to capture as many cabs as we can. This will include classic amps (i.e Fender Champ) as well as separate cabinets.

I can't overemphasize the importance of IRs. The amp modeling is down to the point that it is so close to the real amps that it doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the IR.

The Axe-Fx II was designed with a lot of extra storage space for factory IRs and I would like to take advantage of that soon.

This is remarkably exciting ...I am at a loss for words. Thanks FAS!!!!!!!

I've always wondered why the most important aspect to good tone, which Cliff has stated many times as being the IRs, have never been given even close to the amount of attention from Fractal that they deserve.

That fundamental relationship between amp + cab needs to be more obvious & organic in the Axe Fx.

There should be a section in Axe Edit TNP at some point that has amp models paired with their perfectly matching cabs.

I think 2013 should be very interesting. Lots of choices on the horizon for guitarists for sure.

Please keep the current IR presets, especially the Redwirez (presets in the upper 30's). Would hate to have to go back & forth between Firmware to use the new ones and original ones.
Also, AMEEEEZING job on giving us the option to switch between Firmware now between 7,8, and 9. That is HUGE for me!!!!!!
Thanks & Merry Xmas & Happy Holidays to all.
Rich

I think this is a great idea, perhaps you could even include some more exotic IRs like acoustic guitar impulses for Piezo systems or something. Not that I would use it but It seems that a lot of people are struggling to get a really good acoustic tone to work for them.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

The amps really are now authentic like anything :D.
Really excited for the IR's just some days ago I was thinking it would be great if Fractal work on their own IR's and personalize them and tweak them further.
This thread just made another wish come true.

Thank you Cliff,no matter how many times any of us say thank you it simply isn't enough.
We are extremely grateful.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

that sounds like an incredibly good idea ! are we talking "pre-mic'ed" cabs, meaning including different mics (which I'd prefer for realism) or that we "have to" use the Axe's mic sims ?
with the recent addition of AxeChange there's even more storage space ;)

Expect to be blown away :D

Can't wait for what 2013 has in-store! Your dedication has so much positive impact on the user community and is greatly appreciated. All the best and Happy Holidays!

We are not worthy!

But we are extremely grateful. It's gonna be another Fractastic (sry) New Year!

I too am VERY excited about this looks… looks like I chose the right time to start working on running direct to FOH

Awesome! Please add some far field IRs to the collection also :)

Not possible. We don't have the necessary testing environment. You can't do far-field IRs in a studio. You need a very large area, either quiet outdoors or something like an airplane hanger. The first reflection needs to be beyond the duration of the IR itself. This implies the nearest wall or ceiling needs to have an excess path length of at least 10m (33 ft).

Back
Top Bottom