give us a hint about 7.01

I had several patches I had to switch effects over to a secondary processor in 7.0. In 7.01 that is not necessary for me. Actually with usb connected I was able to load Matt's Lunar Rainbow Fugue patch (comp, synth, 2 intel pitch, 2 amp, 1 cab, chorus, phaser, filter, delay, 3 vol , and GEQ) plus add another Reverb block. The CPU was at 88% after that.

Great to hear. Last night I was messing with a patch that was 2 amps, 2 cabs, 2 drives, 2 delays and reverb. Never got DSP message but was getting snaps and pops while connected to USB. I would have to disconnect USB to really test the patch. Of course at 2am I would instinctively grab mouse to change stuff and wonder why no difference!

Curious as to what other proc you are using. I have an ultra laying around but may sell it.

FractalAudio said:
This is the current state of 7.01:

New IMART (Intelligent Maximum-Likelihood Adaptive Real-Time) pitch detectors provide greatly improved pitch detection. Pitch detectors can now track complex chords. The Pitch Source parameter in the Pitch blocks has been changed to simply "Global" or "Local". In either mode the tracking performance is the same, only the source of the pitch data is changed. The Pitch blocks benefit significantly from this improvement. Many presets that previously only worked with single notes now work with chords, even complex chords. Note, however, that intelligent pitch shifting is necessarily only single notes, by definition.

Cliff (or anyone else):

What then is the best pitch effect, then, if I wanted to tune down my guitar virtually?

I've only been able to use CL Whammy for this (100% mix), and the result is ok, but not ideal.

If there's another way (i.e. fixed harmony), can you briefly explain how to get only the wet signal?

Also, what changes when you change the pitch source?

Last edited:
Great to hear. Last night I was messing with a patch that was 2 amps, 2 cabs, 2 drives, 2 delays and reverb. Never got DSP message but was getting snaps and pops while connected to USB. I would have to disconnect USB to really test the patch. Of course at 2am I would instinctively grab mouse to change stuff and wonder why no difference!

Curious as to what other proc you are using. I have an ultra laying around but may sell it.

Eventide H8000FW

(Response to Philip34)

1. Fixed mode, pitch block in series, mix at 100%.

2. Pitch source: global = what goes into the Axe-Fx (usually your guitar); local = what goes into the pitch block - if you put two pitch blocks in series and set the second to local, it will analyze the (shifted) pitch the first block generates.

Cliff (or anyone else):

What then is the best pitch effect, then, if I wanted to tune down my guitar virtually?

I've only been able to use CL Whammy for this (100% mix), and the result is ok, but not ideal.

If there's another way (i.e. fixed harmony), can you briefly explain how to get only the wet signal?

Also, what changes when you change the pitch source?

Set mix to 100$

Use only 1 voice and turn to the desired interval drop. turn the level of the 2nd voice all the way down.

There will only be 2 pitch sources now (local and global). Global gets its pitch from the input. Local from the block input.
Global is when you have effects that could disturb the tracking before the pitch block (distortion in particular).
Local is good when you want to use the feedback feature to cascade the pitches (kind of like an arpeggiator) or when you just want to track the pitch where the block is.

Wow - lots of cool stuff coming in v7.01 ! I'm really looking forward to trying the Supro. Thanks Cliff & Co. for the continued development. The best just keeps getting better! :)

ETA: Glad to hear that the tuners magic 8-ball will be staying. It's a useful feature.

I do not see a problem with having the 8-ball, as long as the tuner is correct.. Like they say: DON`T LOOK AT IT!!

I`m looking forward to the new stuff. As always :D

I do not see a problem with having the 8-ball, as long as the tuner is correct.. Like they say: DON`T LOOK AT IT!!

I`m looking forward to the new stuff. As always :D

Tuning up last night I finally noticed the 8 ball. Tuner still works as it always did so I don't get the fuss.

I had this Supro back in 1978 or so. Had no idea what I had. I think my Dad picked it up for me at a garage sale. Wish I still had it.

Supro S6651 Big Star
1966 Supro S665.jpg

This..7.01 list.. gives me a little boner..some realy nice things on the list

My guess,is we get the list,in our axe fx 2 tonight

Any news on approx. release time?

I know - soon.

But there's "some time soon", "really soon" and "right around the corner soon" ;)
That new pitch algorithm keeps me on the edge of my seat.

Thanks to all the 8ball complainers for getting a great feature removed. I was finally able to setup my guitars without having to go grab a separate strobe tuner.

Back
Top Bottom