Matrix FRFR 1x12 Coaxial solution!

Aren't PA's typically Class D? Mean if we are running straight to FOH wouldn't it behoove us to be tweaking ect with something powered class D that is FRFR for best translation to FOH?

Class D amps, if not designed well, have weaknesses to certain operating conditions. They enter non-linear regions and distortion occurs.

As for FOH, they use Class AB as well as class D, but if the volume is high enough, nobody really cares about fidelity after a certain point.

Last edited:
"CrazyTrainer" clearly has an agenda. He has 6 posts all directed at trying to create some sort of controversy that doesn't exist. As far as "smelling a rat", I think he just caught a waft of himself. His posting style and motivation remind me of a well known shill that hasn't been around these parts for a while.

Atomic has never made any attempt to conceal that it currently assembles its products in China - on the contrary it has been completely open about it. It's marked on our products and shipping boxes.

The high quality parts used to make Atomic products are sourced from all over the world including the US and Europe. The CLR Series is being made to a very high standard at the same contract manufacturer we've used for years. I routinely go over there to personally supervise production and I'm always impressed with the detail, quality and care that goes into the manufacturing of our products. The value of the CLR series is going to be second to none. To imply that all Chinese made products are "cheap" or "tricky" is simply ridiculous and a lame attempt to smear Atomic's nearly 10 year reputation for quality and service.

On a positive note, I'm really excited to start sharing more details of the CLR series and its rollout in the coming weeks. I think you guys are going to love 'em. Stay tuned.

-TK

Hmmmm....My new iPad just came in from China. Looks like a work of art to me.

Hey Tom - I can't wait to hear/see/smell those new CLR Atomics!

We were hoping the new FRFR cabinet, fully loaded was going to be a little lighter than the existing.

John has just weighed the new cab.

The new prototype loaded with the driver, active amp etc is weighing in at roughly 16.5 kg without the grill :)

I will put pictures up later for you.

Best regards
Matt

Looking at the Beyma design, I automatically don't trust it. Without a separate horn for the HF, I suspect there has to be a parameter that it performs very weak in. Just a guess. I'm no coaxial expert.

Last edited:

I took a second look and the scale used for each chart, and it's very different. If you look at the B&C it's from 70-120db while the Beyma is 20-120db so the line of the graph visually looks drastically different while both graphs show the lowend bottoming out at almost the same level, the B&C at 72-73db and the Beyma about 76-77db. Charts can make you think whatever the author wants, if the scale is cleverly used thanks mr. edward tufte :)

We were hoping the new FRFR cabinet, fully loaded was going to be a little lighter than the existing.

John has just weighed the new cab.

The new prototype loaded with the driver, active amp etc is weighing in at roughly 16.5 kg without the grill :)

I will put pictures up later for you.

Best regards
Matt

I consider that pretty light for a powered speaker!

Let's see some pics!! (and a release date...ha)
Really excited to hear these!

I took a second look and the scale used for each chart, and it's very different. If you look at the B&C it's from 70-120db while the Beyma is 20-120db so the line of the graph visually looks drastically different while both graphs show the lowend bottoming out at almost the same level, the B&C at 72-73db and the Beyma about 76-77db. Charts can make you think whatever the author wants, if the scale is cleverly used thanks mr. edward tufte :)

Shame on me for overlooking this. Thank you for pointing it out.

I think this may have already been answered, but is the power module going to be exactly the same as the GM50? Looks like that speaker can easily handle more.. I would love to see it be powered by one side of the 1000 rather than the 800 (325 vs. 250 watts at 8 ohms).

Driver differences aside, the Atomic CLR will have some Jay Mitchell special voodoo sauce in the cabinet design. I think meant to improve dispersion characteristics. The Matrix appears to be more of a traditional coaxial design. Time will tell which one is better. Let the battle begin :)

Would love to get this JM design. But ONLY if the driver is made by the Frasier company itself and the power module is a Class A/B. No confirmation from Atomic on these specs means a no buy for me. I want to know what I am paying for.

Where did this information come from?

From me! lol

Matt's right, the new mark 2 cabinet is with me and smaller than the mark 1. The GM50 modules are in there for the time being but we are considering putting a module in there more suited for the power handling of the transducer.
Both speakers were used to great effect on Sunday providing music in the merchants room of Resistanz 2012, a festival of Industrial and EBM etc music. They handled the bass heavy music with ease and the cabs barely vibrated. Easily usable as a small FOH system if needed.
Matt may get some pics of the 2 cabs up soon, may need to check with Andy first.
Right I'm off for a hot bath and some hot lemon drink as I'm full of ManFlu....like normal flu but affects men much worse in ways women can't comprehend! lol

Would love to get this JM design. But ONLY if the driver is made by the Frasier company itself and the power module is a Class A/B. No confirmation from Atomic on these specs means a no buy for me. I want to know what I am paying for.

You're going to base your decision on these two criteria and not on actual performance?

From me! lol

Matt's right, the new mark 2 cabinet is with me and smaller than the mark 1. The GM50 modules are in there for the time being but we are considering putting a module in there more suited for the power handling of the transducer.
Both speakers were used to great effect on Sunday providing music in the merchants room of Resistanz 2012, a festival of Industrial and EBM etc music. They handled the bass heavy music with ease and the cabs barely vibrated. Easily usable as a small FOH system if needed.
Matt may get some pics of the 2 cabs up soon, may need to check with Andy first.
Right I'm off for a hot bath and some hot lemon drink as I'm full of ManFlu....like normal flu but affects men much worse in ways women can't comprehend! lol

A couple of pictures for you :)

MKII-Shot1.jpg

MKII-Shot2.jpg

Best regards
Matt

Looks neat and compact all right.

Are you concentrating on powered versions at this stage or are there any passives being hammered together?

Back
Top Bottom