Post Your Rig!

Hi,

still the same rig, but last weekend I set it up differently. In the past when I used two of the Reactors I stacked them and when I used all four I used two little stacks of two of them.

On saturday when we played at a party I thought "bigger is better" ;-)) and stacked all four:

axe2reactbib.jpg

I liked it. ehm... really loved it ;-)

Best,

Jochen
sounded like this: Axe-Fx II with Reactor FR live short sniplet mp3

rig.jpg

It's still in flux; my next purchase will probably be QSC K12s.

Basically a MIDI guitar setup blended with a dual Boogie rig and an Axe Fx 2 as the cherry on top.

I just got the Axe so it may remove the Boogies and the TC as I get better at programming it.

For a different perspective, here is my rig from April 2011 all packed up and ready to move:

I've since replaced the Ultra with an AFX-II and the RCF with a Tannoy V12.

Attachments

• 2011-04-23-gigging-gear-600x.jpg
    2011-04-23-gigging-gear-600x.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Here's my studio setup...(yes, I'm aware it's a mess...I was just putting the new AXE 2 and Redco panel in!!!)

IMG_1514.jpg

Left side of new REDCO patch panel...bringing all the AXE2 connections to the front, just above the main patchbay...

IMG_1509.jpg

Right side...

IMG_1512.jpg

Full view of just the rack...

IMG_1507.jpg

Signal chain will be, TC1128 > Axe 2 > Digitech Meq Dual-14...from there I can patch directly to the Mackie HR824 monitors, or to the VS2480 recorder or G8 Synth. The extra TC1128's are for spectrum analysis/EQ duties for the 2480 recorder.

My Rig

Some Tweeks I have done to my rig. I made a patch panel for the MFC, USB, Balanced outs and pass through for my wireless.

Attachments

• 100_0053.JPG
    100_0053.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 173
I recently added a couple of wall hangers to the sides of my rack ( no more worries about drunk drummers knocking the guitars off of stands) and some magnetic pedal-board labels so here's the latest incarnation of my primary rig.

002-6.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

Ho Are You connecting the AXE FX?

this is my current rig. it's harder than ever to put down my guitar these days...

attachment.php

Hi there,

I'm really loving your setup. Its pretty close to mine except I'm using the G system at the moment and really want to change to the axe fx. I just wondered how you were wiring up the axe fx to the Mark V? Are you doing the 4 cable method? If so whats it like using the mark v's drive sounds and using the axe fx drive sounds?

I use pretty much all 3 channels on the mark v but also like using my exotic bb pre amp thru the front end of the mark v I just wondered what it was like to use the axe fx thru the fx loop and the front end of the mesa at the same time as I'd like to get rid of some of my stompboxes for the axe fx.

Many Thanks

Paul

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm really loving your setup. Its pretty close to mine except I'm using the G system at the moment and really want to change to the axe fx. I just wondered how you were wiring up the axe fx to the Mark V? Are you doing the 4 cable method? If so whats it like using the mark v's drive sounds and using the axe fx drive sounds?

I use pretty much all 3 channels on the mark v but also like using my exotic bb pre amp thru the front end of the mark v I just wondered what it was like to use the axe fx thru the fx loop and the front end of the mesa at the same time as I'd like to get rid of some of my stompboxes for the axe fx.

Many Thanks

Paul

that is a rig gone past, but it was a great one! i never bonded with 4CM so just ran the axe in the effects loop of the mark v. i used a mini amp gizmo to switch it all from the mfc-101 and a radial cabbone cab switcher to switch between the two cabs. most of the time i was only using the axe for effects, but once in a while i would plug into the front of the axe and drive the power section of the mark v with an amp sim. very flexible setup that sounded great! good luck...

Back
Top Bottom