Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

What? This is the most exquisite delicatessen! But it needs to be treated with subtlety. Do not listen to the brutish. :D

Just some random doodling. Guitar volume at max all time. Controlling dynamics only with the fingers you can drive it from ethereal clean to shredding hot

Beautiful! You're doing the right the thing here showing exactly what this blue channel can really do. I should note you can also get great effects of this nature with the 5150 III blue channel we had too; this is just as I had read on forums in comparison: thicker in the lower mids and more gain on tap. Versatile in the best way.

For the last many years I've been obsessed with single channel amps, and I often take a model in the Axe that represents one channel of a multi channel amp and use it as if it were a single channel. Sometimes I find it's not worth it, but sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised. From the Nitrous, the BE-100, the CCV, the Tucana, etc, the options are mind blowing for knob riders. What sets this Stealth blue apart for me is how perfectly you can go from zero to actual metal style gain without compromise. The 5150 series has also been loved by metalheads, but I think this finally makes them as versatile as one would truly want.

Now I can't wait to hear the green channel!

Last edited:
Been digging up some research and demos of the EVH stealth since I’ve never tried one in any capacity analog or digital. And since we don’t have many demos of the fractal model of the stealth I found this and it sounds badass!!!!! I’m so excited and my fm9 is on standby for this!!

Won't sound right at all, or won't have the same amount of gain?
Both.
There is a bright cap on the Blue channel Gain pot, this bright cap goes to ground in parallel with the Red Gain pot, and vice versa.

I think the best solution would be to turn the OTHER gain pot to max, and put its value in parallel with the working gain pot, excluding the other bright cap.

I have played a few Stealth models at Guitar Centers and they sound so different to the "OG" models in the Axe Fx. Very happy we are getting all three channels. The Green channel is much more clean in the Stealth than the OG.

But you can switch out the power amp tubes yourself, can't you? (Not at my Axe.) Or are there other changes the Axe doesn't do when you do that?
Yes, but my point was, if it loads with the 6L6 tubes, it’s almost certainly (unless it’s a mistake somewhere) modeling the 6L6 amp. I believe there are other changes beyond just the power tubes to get to the EL34 or Stealth versions.

Back
Top Bottom