Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

The new 5150 model is so exceptionally good Its really plug and play. Sounds so aggressive and punchy through the Bogner York audio IR. I sometimes cannot believe I had such a hard time getting a great high gain sound when I was a newbie with any amp. Now it takes almost 3-4 minor tweaks to get any model to sound good. This one though is exceptionally close sounding. I just tried the real amp at home before returning it thinking.. I do not want to fiddle with the 4CM ..etc. The character of the distortion is incredibly close to my ears especially with the right IR.

Last edited:
Just lost ~4 hours playing on the 2203 once again. Paired with the ML Sound Labs Blackback 57 and 421 IRs, I don't think I've had this much fun with a Plexi before! The brightness on this amp sounds a lot like the SV20H (rather than the 1959 Plexis) for some reason and I really like it. The SV20 by comparison sounds a bit more condensed in the low-mids, which is expected I guess with it being a smaller power section and all. But I've enjoyed that over the other Plexis since it was added because of the extra sizzly-bite-y (all the buzz words!) top end kerrang of a Plexi. The 2203 has that in spades, but also has a bigger, cleaner low-end that makes it all the more hammer-like. Okay, I'll stop now...

I wander is you were to switch the tubes on the new 5153S 6l6 model to EL34s it would match the tone of the 5153S EL34? I’ve never played the EL34 model to compare

This Stealth 100W blue channel is so dynamic, I've fallen in love with it. I'm running the 4x12 Recto Straight speaker impedance curve into a couple of misaligned factory 2x12 Brown Super IRs for some upper mid nasty, and I'm playing my Sun Valley Super Shredder modded with a direct mount JB bridge and a Giovanni GCS-LN stacked single coil neck, both pickups with 50s Les Paul wiring and .015 tone caps. At the intro I'm increasing the volume and tone knobs on the neck pickup, the bridge is just at 10 and 10.

Attachments

• Stealth Brown Super.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
This Stealth 100W blue channel is so dynamic, I've fallen in love with it. I'm running the 4x12 Recto Straight speaker impedance curve into a couple of misaligned factory 2x12 Brown Super IRs for some upper mid nasty, and I'm playing my Sun Valley Super Shredder modded with a direct mount JB bridge and a Giovanni GCS-LN stacked single coil neck, both pickups with 50s Les Paul wiring and .015 tone caps. At the intro I'm increasing the volume and tone knobs on the neck pickup, the bridge is just at 10 and 10.

Antisocial tu perds ton sang froid!

Just lost ~4 hours playing on the 2203 once again. Paired with the ML Sound Labs Blackback 57 and 421 IRs, I don't think I've had this much fun with a Plexi before! The brightness on this amp sounds a lot like the SV20H (rather than the 1959 Plexis) for some reason and I really like it. The SV20 by comparison sounds a bit more condensed in the low-mids, which is expected I guess with it being a smaller power section and all. But I've enjoyed that over the other Plexis since it was added because of the extra sizzly-bite-y (all the buzz words!) top end kerrang of a Plexi. The 2203 has that in spades, but also has a bigger, cleaner low-end that makes it all the more hammer-like. Okay, I'll stop now...
It's a JCM800 not a Plexi... but I agree with everything else you said!

Man if I wasn't on the Fractal Forum, you couldn't convince me that wasn't an actual amp!

Dude, this is what I'm saying! I was sitting here with the new pedals in front of the 2203 getting all sorts of dynamic goodness, but then I just decided to try the Stealth alone, and I was like, "Who needs pedals?"
Thats a great sounding Amp , when Leon demoed it and played Periphery Marigold I was like yep that's the sound the sounds like Gojira tones too

Man it’s hard to overstate how good that is. All with the same grid, just guitar knobs. The singularity is upon us! (The nice singularity)

Back
Top Bottom