Gapless test 23.00 beta 1

Here's what I get switching presets. I double checked I'm running 23.00 beta 1. Anybody getting different results than this? It's certainly possible I'm doing something wrong.

Here's what I get switching presets. I double checked I'm running 23.00 beta 1. Anybody getting different results than this? It's certainly possible I'm doing something wrong.

Post the preset. It might be something with that particular preset.

Here's a stripped down test, using a synth block to generate the signal. I'm switching between scenes 1 and 8.

Attachments

• Gapless Test Synth.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
I unplugged spdif and usb, but no difference. Maybe there's an i/o setting I need to change? Does it work for you if you use my synth block test preset?

I unplugged spdif and usb, but no difference. Maybe there's an i/o setting I need to change? Does it work for you if you use my synth block test preset?
Yes, it works for me. Are you using Axe-Edit to change scenes? Axe-Edit sends a "Remote Mute" message under certain circumstances. That could be what is happening. I'll have to check with the software guys.

No, I'm not switching scenes with Axe-Edit. I'm using midi, but I got the same result using the front panel knob.

FWIW, I measure about 30ms gaps in Leon's video.

Can anybody else try my test to see if it's just me?

@laxu pls pick up white courtesy phone
Dog Hello GIF by The BarkPost

23.00 beta 1 does everything it says in the notes.

I tried listening to changes to the modeling using the Diezel VH4 I used before updating the firmware. I guess it does sound a bit different? I might be confirmation biased now because Fractal said it should sound smoother but that's how I'd describe it.

Dog Hello GIF by The BarkPost

23.00 beta 1 does everything it says in the notes.

I tried listening to changes to the modeling using the Diezel VH4 I used before updating the firmware. I guess it does sound a bit different? I might be confirmation biased now because Fractal said it should sound smoother but that's how I'd describe it.

Yes, there's a difference from the previous firmware, but for some reason that I don't understand, I still hear a gap. Leon posted a demo video, but I still hear gaps in that demo. Here's a snippet of the waveform from Leon's demo showing what I would call a 30ms gap when switching amp channels. It works for Cliff, but I'm stumped.

LeonGap.jpg

OK weird. When I try to record via USB, the recorded track has gaps, but I don't hear gaps through my CLR while recording.

FYI.. I'm getting bumps between scene changes playing a sustained chord or using a Synth block, even if nothing changes at all. Tried with the editor paused, off, and with the USB unplugged. Headphone out.

Back
Top Bottom