Let’s see your les pauls

Changing the nickel out to chrome is a sin though. 🤭
Man, I debated switching from nickel to chrome. When I got the new tuners all that was available was chrome, so in the name of consistency all hardware had to be the same. But (other than liking shiny things) I do have a problem with nickel that has nothing to do with aesthetics, namely that every piece of nickel hardware I've ever had on guitars didn't really last that long before there was some sort of weird stains on them. Has to be my sweat, or other chemicals I for some reason seem to ooze when I play. Same reason I can't really play any other strings other than coated ones. To be fair, in that department I lucked out since I like the feel of coated better than uncoated.

Man, I debated switching from nickel to chrome. When I got the new tuners all that was available was chrome, so in the name of consistency all hardware had to be the same. But (other than liking shiny things) I do have a problem with nickel that has nothing to do with aesthetics, namely that every piece of nickel hardware I've ever had on guitars didn't really last that long before there was some sort of weird stains on them. Has to be my sweat, or other chemicals I for some reason seem to ooze when I play. Same reason I can't really play any other strings other than coated ones. To be fair, in that department I lucked out since I like the feel of coated better than uncoated.

I get that, my sweat is like battery acid as well. I just happen to like the way nickel ages opposed to what my sweat does to chrome, which usually turns to a pink lmao

Reactions: J-V
Two of my current LP's, the 3 pup Custom and old Std along with an old one from my youth which was a Heritage Series 80 which is long gone but I have just found the picture on my old PC. I will try to add some more LP pics over the weekend.

Attachments

• guitar1 002.JPG
    guitar1 002.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • heritage series2.jpg
    heritage series2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 12
Yeah, I've seen some beautiful hardware on many guitars that have aged naturally, just doesn't happen that way on mine.

Oh balls, didn't even know that could happen. I guess it's something new to look forward to :D
To be fair, it’s only happened on Epiphone hardware to me, which I can’t be arsed to swap out

Yellow one is pretty just like it is!
The yellow LP is probably the cheapest guitar that I own! I paid somewhere about £350 for it years ago when it had a Gibson sticky wine red finish. It is a Studio, but I have upgraded it with a MOP Gibson headstock inlay and now a Gary Moore truss rod cover. The yellow is the finished colour, but I need to refinish the rear of the body and the rear of the neck. Then I will change the horrible gold hardware to an aged Faber ABR-1 conversion along with an aged tailpiece and some nice tuners etc. But thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.
Brett

The non yellow LP has a bit of a story behind it. I jokingly said to my son-in-law, "If you give us a grandchild I will buy you a Les Paul". And we laughed it off. Shortly afterwards I received the news that I had a grandchild on the way. I was a bit short of cash at the time so could not afford an LP std or similar so found the browny yellow orange one at an OK price which I presented as a gift to reward him for the hard work that he carried out to do his end of the deal! I was rewarded with my lovely little grandson Jude. When the next grandson (Hugh) came along I kept my mouth shut to avoid having to buy and give away any Gibsons!

P3090064.jpg

Andy you arent helping.

Im a bit sad well loved R9’s dont really get listed around here. Probably for the best lol.

Still hoping to come across a 2019+ goldtop standard for a sane price. Our national dealer has Gibson month; the sale price is just the 2022 price which is $400 savings…

Took this at my students home this week

1378803F-6961-4F3B-9518-97768950EAB7.jpeg

Andy you arent helping.

Im a bit sad well loved R9’s dont really get listed around here. Probably for the best lol.

Still hoping to come across a 2019+ goldtop standard for a sane price. Our national dealer has Gibson month; the sale price is just the 2022 price which is $400 savings…

Took this at my students home this week

View attachment 118963
What pickups are in that?

Back
Top Bottom