Let’s see your les pauls

D is a lack of shoulder, it’s more U. I have a 1” U on my tele and its fine but on les pauls I like medium or 60s C. Classics have more of the D shape of SG’s.

Said R7 is sold anyways. A used 2019+ 50s goldtop would do me fine.

Ahh.

The "60s" shape, especially the closer it gets to the way most SGs feel, the less I like it.

Ive tried one standard 60s and was pleasantly surprised. The C vs D is most of the difference between that and a Classic.

Cool.

The Standard 60s neck is right on the edge of me liking it. I prefer the Standard 50s necks (and all of the R7-9s I've played...don't think I've played an R0).

Left: As it was built, Right: As it is now.​

95D3C561-1227-4E62-B1A3-731690BC0CC2.JPG

Granted, I got a little carried away with the modding, but still pretty damn happy with the results. The guitar started it's life as a 2021 Classic, but now it's closer to a 60's Standard with a couple of modern appointments. The wiring was remade from the ground up; the PCB and Burstbuckers are gone, replaced with 50's wiring and a SD 59 Custom Hybrid in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck. Great set of pickups. The original Grover tuners are gone, replaced by another set of Grovers, of the locking variety. The original ABR-1 bridge and tailpiece, gone, replaced by TonePros TOM set. Got a pickguard from a Custom from a friend of mine, so one the guitar it went. Knobs were changed from gold / silver to black / silver. Lastly, it didn't feel right having the trussrod cover read "Classic" anymore after all of this, so that was replaced with a blank one. Still debating about putting the white pickguard back, but for now I think the black one will stay for a bit. I didn't really like the nickel hardware so that's all chrome now, apart from the strap buttons. Will maybe get strap locks at some point, but not in any rush with those.

I've shared mine before but I am always happy to post again:

IMG_0631.jpeg
IMG_0632.jpeg
Slash Les Paul Standard in November Burst. I took these photos right after I got it, but the only real difference since is that I (of course) replaced the truss rod cover with a plain, no-logo version. I don't care about Slash at all, but this was far and away the nicest Les Paul I played over the course of a year, and I love the colour to boot.

Back
Top Bottom