Mind blowing stuff from OpenAI

AI is entertaining, but not necessarily trustworthy for more philosophical pursuits, especially in ethical situations. The reason is that it is biased by the creator. Even if you had an AI developed by another AI, the bias would still be present since it can ultimately be traced back to a human creator. For something entertaining look up Ben Shapiro demonstrating how to force AI into a logistical corner by using its own bias against it.

As I understand it, this research phase of ChatGPT is to see the range of questions and interactions and if the responses stop short of ethically questionable, inflammatory, divisive or plainly false responses.

Of course since it's a black box, there is probably no way to prevent risky or divisive responses at the edges.

I'm not saying AI isn't useful (that's a heck of a guitar concept up above afterall). Just that it would be morally and ethically biased, as has been demonstrated, by whatever bias the creator held. It's important to know that when folks start talking of trusting it for leadership. No thanks. It would lead to tyranny.

Last edited:
It's a joke as those responses were eminently "reasonable".

No way I want AI to run the world but it might happen whether we like it or not.

I think that Ai chat bots, and bots in general have been running the bulk of social media and news feeds for quite some time. Our attitudes and biases are being manipulated for ad revenue and data mining... and most likely for more nefarious goals yet to be revealed.
They'll never be revealed.
We're social media cannon fodder.
Now get off my lawn.

Related, I do not envy the teachers trying to sort AI content from student work.
I would hope that each AI/chatbot etc. would have a database of generated responses and there will (eventually) be a website/app where you can compare a student's work with their database and get a percentage of originality vs plagiarism.

I would hope that each AI/chatbot etc. would have a database of generated responses and there will (eventually) be a website/app where you can compare a student's work with their database and get a percentage of originality vs plagiarism.
You mean a recording of every response it ever generated? Unlikely in the extreme.

Its responses will continually evolve anyway, as long as it keeps training on real-world texts from whatever domains are involved. Moving target.

Yeah there is a video on youtube where they asked it to write code from a description and it did it, in any language you want. Literally told it to make a web page that looks like this other page, and blam done. Gave it text like "i want a page with 3 buttons that each do this...." and it did it. This is scary for software developers going forward. I don't think it'll take my job but it will people in the future.

Found it:

We are not ready for the scale of economic disruption AI is going to inflict. The US and most developed nations have spent decades moving away from manufacturing into service based economies and AI is going to eliminate 75% or more of these jobs within a decade. I hope the next generation can find their way, it's going to be rough for a while.

I wonder if and when there will be AI branding and certain products will be based on Pepsi or Coke AI and it will divide us even further (not that we would be vulnerable to such tribalism)!

Good luck with #5.
Tru dat. Humans are not generaly accountable and transparent at the individual level -- institutions compound this plus have the power and the means to manipulate, hide, misinform, and present certain images/narratives that individuals don't.

I guess all of them are idealistic pipe dreams.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom