The Gift of Tone

I was right, Steve Vai GOT. I'm so grateful to Fractal and Steve Vai. So freaking awesome. Merry Christmas to you as well Steve. 🎅

11 of his fx blocks from his AXE III live rig
VAI CHORUS
Three tweaks of a Chorus Effect:
  • Light
  • Vintage
  • Wide

VAI DELAY
Four different settings, selected for their cool use of left-right time ratios.
  • 2:1 Long
  • 2:3
  • 3:2
  • 3:4

VAI FLANGER
"Ultra" is a swooshing hollow flanger.

VAI MULTIDELAY
A 4-tap delay that adds ambient echoes.

VAI PITCH FX
  • Detune is a chorus-type effect.
  • Harmony Wide 4ths is classic Harmonized effect.

Last edited:
December 24-25 brings me not making posts, but the series will continue after Christmas.
I mean, there's a reason I didn't call it an AXE-vent Calendar ;-)
See, even the busy, busy elves need time to jam with all their toys they made for good girls and boys…well maybe the naughty ones too.🎄🤶🧑‍🎄🎄

Have a great Holiday and Christmas!

Knowing that I will not sound like any of the top-tier musicians that have gifted us with their presets the biggest plus for me in this series is that most-if not all-of these presets have been tweaked and blasted at concert volume on the big stage. Ready to go without any of Fletcher Munson Curve issues that are wrote about throughout this forum.

I used the York Audio Gift of Tone preset at last Saturday's gig and it sounded great. As the FOH tech stated, "Feed me a good sound and you get a great sound through FOH."

Regardless of the preset I sound like me...my tone is my tone no matter what.

Last edited:
So far we've gotten these amazing presets from Artists:
  • Steve Vai
  • Guthrie Govan
  • Tobin Abasi
  • Jason Richardson
  • Synyster Gates
  • Aerosmith
  • Def Leppard
  • Devin Townsend
Could we be seeing one from these Artists as well?
  • John Mayer
  • The Edge
  • Matt Bellamy
  • Metallica
  • John Petrucci
  • Dweezil Zappa
  • Alex Lifeson
  • Neal Schon
  • Joe Satriani
  • Misha Mansoor
I'm predicting we'll have Periphery, JP and The Edge. I'd kill for a Metallica preset, that would be crazy !

I know you probably hear this often, but Fractal Audio you are one amazing company. 😘

So far we've gotten these amazing presets from Artists:
  • Steve Vai
  • Guthrie Govan
  • Tobin Abasi
  • Jason Richardson
  • Synyster Gates
  • Aerosmith
  • Def Leppard
  • Devin Townsend
Could we be seeing one from these Artists as well?
  • John Mayer
  • The Edge
  • Matt Bellamy
  • Metallica
  • John Petrucci
  • Dweezil Zappa
  • Alex Lifeson
  • Neal Schon
  • Joe Satriani
  • Misha Mansoor
I'm predicting we'll have Periphery, JP and The Edge. I'd kill for a Metallica preset, that would be crazy !

I know you probably hear this often, but Fractal Audio you are one amazing company. 😘
Maroon 5 one would be sick

With so many threads about GoT as a whole and each individual release, this may have been answered already. Sorry if I missed it.

Are we expecting this to be daily through the end of December? Or will a certain upcoming holiday be the end of it?

Immediate edit: Yeah, this is a selfish question. I'd be completely content if it ended today. BUT I WANT MORE.

Back
Top Bottom