IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Sooo, anything new coming down the pipeline? it's been 5 months since the last release and I'm jonesing.
Yes, I’ve been working on a new pack. I wanted to do something different for this one and auditioned five cabinets and swapped out four different types of speakers and took test shots of each one looking for something unique and inspiring.

It’s taken a while because I get flooded with requests all the time and I’m constantly trying new things which gets me sidetracked. New things are coming though. :)

A while ago a Lynchback speaker was mentioned. What has become of that?
That’s one of the speakers I auditioned. They sound great and will make an awesome pack, but I wanted to go with something entirely different for this one that doesn’t sound like a Celestion. I like them in the YORK 2x12, but also want to try them in a couple 4x12 cabs as well.

@York Audio, any thoughts on YA IRs for Wreck style amps?

I'm thinking something from MRSH 412 M25, based on the cab recommendations in the amp model writeups.
Anything more specific?
Haven't tried any of those yet though, just got on a Wreck kick last night.
I bet the MRSH M25 would be a great fit for those amps.

That’s one of the speakers I auditioned. They sound great and will make an awesome pack, but I wanted to go with something entirely different for this one that doesn’t sound like a Celestion. I like them in the YORK 2x12, but also want to try them in a couple 4x12 cabs as well.

Great to hear that you didn't give up on the Lynchbacks! :smile:

Which of the mixes from the mesa, marshall, friedman or bogner cabs would work extremely well with fender/matchless amps for clean tones?

Hate to throw another request in the ring for Justin and I’m sure I’m not the first, but I would love a Super Reverb cab! The Super Reverb is my favorite Fender in the Fractal, there’s just something magic about it. The problem is I’m not really a fan of the stock factory Super Reverb cabs and, although the Ownhammer cabs are better, they’re still not perfect. I will give an honorable mention to the factory 3x10 Vibroking cab which sounds pretty good with the Super, but it too is not perfect. I am positive that Justin can nail the Super. Would love two speaker options, Alnico CTS and C10R’s.

just taking a moment to say lots of love for you and your family as always Justin <3 grateful for everything you do for the community, and as long as you're having fun with your craft that's worth its weight in gold from where i sit
Thank you for the kind words. I love what I get to do for a living. Being surrounded by gear and discovering new tones is a lot of fun. I just need to set a queue and stick with it so I don’t get distracted, which happens ALL. THE. TIME. For some reason, a lot of cabs I’ve been wanting have been popping up, so my studio is filled with new and old things I can’t wait to capture!

Hate to throw another request in the ring for Justin and I’m sure I’m not the first, but I would love a Super Reverb cab! The Super Reverb is my favorite Fender in the Fractal, there’s just something magic about it. The problem is I’m not really a fan of the stock factory Super Reverb cabs and, although the Ownhammer cabs are better, they’re still not perfect. I will give an honorable mention to the factory 3x10 Vibroking cab which sounds pretty good with the Super, but it too is not perfect. I am positive that Justin can nail the Super. Would love two speaker options, Alnico CTS and C10R’s.
I need to do some research on a great era for this amp and hope that I can find a great one to capture.

I need to do some research on a great era for this amp and hope that I can find a great one to capture.

Tone heaven! I think these are CTS Alnico’s based on the sound and my comparison to the Ownhammer IR’s.

It would appear after a brief amount of research that CTS alnico’s are probably the ones to go for. From what I can tell they mostly came with two types of speakers, Jensen’s or CTS. The ceramic Jensen C12R’s give the more typical Fender clean sound, but the CTS’s sound a lot different and have a very different character to them. There were Alnico and Ceramic versions of the CTS’s, but the Alnico’s seem to be preferred.

Personally what I'm waiting for is the diezel cab pack. I have tried IRs others made of diezel cabs, but considering Friedman York pack is on most of my recordings, curious to see what he comes up with. So far wasn't that impressed with diezel cab IRs I've tested. It's likely the York version fits me better while providing something distinct from the Friedman pack.

Justin,

I've been loving the MES 412 V2 pack. I'm slowly getting some great tones that sound good to people other than me lol. Any chance you'd consider making an IR pack of an early 2000's Recto cab? People seem to keep saying there was something special about those between like 2001-2003 IIRC. Figured it could be a great complement to other pack when double tracking. In the past I've used...other brand IRs with an older Recto cab on one side and a newer one on the other and it sounded HUGE. Just putting it out there. :cool:

Any Black Friday sales coming up? Thanks
Not sure yet. I’ve had my Covid sale pricing active for quite a while, so it’s kind of like Black Friday all year, but we’ll see.

Justin,

I've been loving the MES 412 V2 pack. I'm slowly getting some great tones that sound good to people other than me lol. Any chance you'd consider making an IR pack of an early 2000's Recto cab? People seem to keep saying there was something special about those between like 2001-2003 IIRC. Figured it could be a great complement to other pack when double tracking. In the past I've used...other brand IRs with an older Recto cab on one side and a newer one on the other and it sounded HUGE. Just putting it out there. :cool:
My MES 212 V30 pack was made from a 2002 Mesa 2x12. If you have that pack, I think you’ll like blending it with the MES 412 OS-V2 for something similar to what you described.

Not sure yet. I’ve had my Covid sale pricing active for quite a while, so it’s kind of like Black Friday all year, but we’ll see.

My MES 212 V30 pack was made from a 2002 Mesa 2x12. If you have that pack, I think you’ll like blending it with the MES 412 OS-V2 for something similar to what you described.
I do have that pack and you're probably right. I'll try that this week!

Back
Top Bottom