Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Release Candidate 2 (Beta 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Friedman HBE V1 FAT correct?
This is the difference between 20.04 and 21.00 beta 8
Same preset, same guitar, I've already reset amp block

Has the random popping issue been addressed yet? I am experiencing it on a few of my presets. The Freedmans seem to be affected along with the other mentioned amps. I have Beta 8
I've noticed some severe pop/crackle in a number of amp models but only when two instances of the amp are present and when using input dynamics and out compression on the dynamics page. Sounds like amp cpu max'd - Examples below in CA3-LEAD and FRIEDMAN-HBE-V1 (also noticed in the 800 Moddeds, and Solo100 LEAD - (seems to occur more in the higher gain models). I have an Ax3mk1@21.08b. Reboot does not seem to help. (am feeling like a turbo is in my upcoming future:rolleyes:)

Attachments

• CAE-LEAD-CRACKLE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
  • FRIEDMAN-HBE-V1-CRACKLE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
I've noticed some severe pop/crackle in a number of amp models but only when two instances of the amp are present and when using input dynamics and out compression on the dynamics page. Sounds like amp cpu max'd - Examples below in CA3-LEAD and FRIEDMAN-HBE-V1 (also noticed in the 800 Moddeds, and Solo100 LEAD - (seems to occur more in the higher gain models). I have an Ax3mk1@21.08b. Reboot does not seem to help. (am feeling like a turbo is in my upcoming future:rolleyes:)

Sounds live an overdriven cab. But I’m no expert

Yes, I sent my preset of the CAE3+ LEAD as well, I just hadn't noticed that it had to do with the Input Dynamics (which I have set to 2 for all my High Gain Amps), however, I turned it OFF and I still get the Crackle. Not as much as with it on 2 but it is still there!
I have a SOLO 100 LEAD Preset, but I am not getting the Crackle on that Preset, and I have the Input Dynamics on 2 on that one!

Last edited:
Yes, I sent my preset of the CAE3+ LEAD as well, I just hadn't noticed that it had to do with the Input Dynamics (which I have set to 2 for all my High Gain Amps), however, I turned it OFF and I still get the Crackle. Not as much as with it on 2 but it is still there!
guessing, but I don't think the issue is directly tied to the dynamics parameters - it's just that those are likely cpu intensive so, if the amp side cpu is approaching red-line, the dynamics features (as well as dual amp instances) would likely throw it over the top. I think I'm hearing it in presets without dynamics parms turned on also, but the crackle is a lot more intermittent + sparse and harder to isolate / confirm in those.

Last edited:
guessing, but I don't think the issue is directly tied to the dynamics parameters - it's just that those are likely cpu intensive so, if the amp side cpu is approaching red-line, the dynamics features (as well as dual amp instances) would likely throw it over the top. I think I'm hearing it in presets without dynamics parms turned on also, but the crackle is a lot more intermittent and harder to isolate / confirm in those.
It almost sounds like a microphonic
Tube 🙄
Have you checked all your cables
Input jack on guitar
And if you delete the 2nd amp block it goes away ?

It almost sounds like a microphonic
Tube 🙄
Have you checked all your cables
Input jack on guitar
And if you delete the 2nd amp block it goes away ?
yes - goes away if 2nd amp instance removed or, mostly goes away if dynamics features turned off on both amp instances. I reported the same issue in beta2 here and Fractal fixed it here in beta4 but seems to be recurring here. I always check for this in beetas as a lot of my presets use dual amp instances panned hard L/R as I prefer the sound of some stereo mods, harmony, and enhancer fx into dual amps/cabIRs instead of after 1 mono amp/cab. I'm guessing this is a mk1/2-nonTurbo related issue and peeps with higher cpu capacity Turbos are not getting it?

Last edited:
yes - goes away if 2nd amp instance removed or, mostly goes away if dynamics features turned off on both amp instances. I reported the same issue in beta2 here and Fractal fixed it here in beta4 but seems to be recurring here. I always check for this in beetas as a lot of my presets use dual amp instances panned hard L/R as I prefer the sound of some stereo mods, harmony, and enhancer fx into dual amps/cabIRs instead of after 1 mono amp/cab. I'm guessing this is a mk1/2-nonTurbo related issue and peeps with higher cpu capacity Turbos are not getting it?
That would be odd I don’t think it would be CPU issue , are you getting any warnings
Your also using 2 of the same amp type correct
What if you use 2 different amps and not duplicates

That would be odd I don’t think it would be CPU issue , are you getting any warnings
I am getting crackles on just a One Amp Preset! The CAE3+RHYTHM and LEAD. Ive already reported it, we'll hear from Cliff soon, patience...!

the warnings we have only apply to the fx-side/non-ampside cpu, not the amp side cpu - I'm educatedly guessing it's cpu related as I've seen it before + fixed, and always seems associated to the amount of amp resources used (even if the exposed fx side / non-ampside cpu status is showing quite low), but, we have no visibility into the amp side cpu operating status, so it's always a guess in that area. Yes, I'm using the same amp in both instances, and yes, it does seem to be somewhat also related to using the same amp instance twice since if I choose CA3LEAD on one side and Friedman HBE V1 on the other, the severe crackling goes away for me (I say "somewhat" because other folks are getting crackle with just one instance).

Anyway, I'm sure Fractal will look into it as they did in beta 2 as I mention above. It's not an outlier use case and the examples / preset exhibit it pretty clearly. I would be interested to know though, if folks running a Turbo get this issue when loading one of those presets I posted, and if others running mk1/2-non-turbo consistently get this issue with those presets (if it's mainly nonTurbo users getting it then this would also suggest ampside cpu related since afaik Turbo has more cpu capacity in all the cores).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom