Redwirez Is Shutting Down

Bummer - I was searching for an existing customer's email address as I wanted to purchase the Bass cabs.

Thanks
Pauly

To the best of my knowledge, however limited it may be, the Copyright is still in place and you are bound by the EULA (End User License Agreement).

Sad, the first high quality commercial IR's available as I remember, and we've been using them since they were released. With all the positions available, they've the closest thing available to our mic locker if desiring a high degree of placement control.

Thanks Mike, and sorry to hear about the hand injury!

One of the few IR makers to shoot Weber speakers. Been using his excellent Weber Blue Dog IRs for at least 6-7 years now....

So, if you get them for free, is it OK to share them? Asking for a friend
Technically no, unless he states otherwise. I'm basing this on the fact that you need to be a past customer and am assuming they're only available as a parting gift to those customers. If the owner wanted to give them out to everyone you wouldn't need to enter your purchase ID to download them. There's always the possibility that he will start making them again.

Sad, the first high quality commercial IR's available as I remember, and we've been using them since they were released. With all the positions available, they've the closest thing available to our mic locker if desiring a high degree of placement control.

Thanks Mike, and sorry to hear about the hand injury!
Yeah agreed. Had they released more products and somewhat continuously, it'd have probably generated more interest in the brand.
And while it's great to have the precise control of the mic position, the sheer number of IRs makes it a pain to scroll through. It's absolutely daunting for someone who might be new to this stuff, so it might have turned newer customers away from the brand. Also, it's great to have a selection of good mixes at hand too, rather than making each mix on your own.

Yeah agreed. Had they released more products and somewhat continuously, it'd have probably generated more interest in the brand.
And while it's great to have the precise control of the mic position, the sheer number of IRs makes it a pain to scroll through. It's absolutely daunting for someone who might be new to this stuff, so it might have turned newer customers away from the brand. Also, it's great to have a selection of good mixes at hand too, rather than making each mix on your own.
The comprehensive coverage of mic positions for each mic would make these the perfect set to base a software IR selection tool like MIKKO on. I wish more IR sellers would be this comprehensive....

The comprehensive coverage of mic positions for each mic would make these the perfect set to base a software IR selection tool like MIKKO on. I wish more IR sellers would be this comprehensive....
I'd say the v4 era OwnHammer libraries are quite similar in that regard. However the distance between the mic and the speaker doesn't change in them.

I believe with raw WAV format packages, people want simplicity. It gets way too complicated to deal with otherwise. This level of minute control works better with visual IR loaders, which thankfully Redwirez did introduce with the mixIR3 modules.

Have you looked at Redwirez mixIR3?
This. mixIR3 is extremely underrated.

I'd say the v4 era OwnHammer libraries are quite similar in that regard. However the distance between the mic and the speaker doesn't change in them.

I believe with raw WAV format packages, people want simplicity. It gets way too complicated to deal with otherwise. This level of minute control works better with visual IR loaders, which thankfully Redwirez did introduce with the mixIR3 modules.
I might still be on mixIR2, then. :eek:. Will have to give it a look....

Back
Top Bottom