Suhr Standard Plus

Throwing schecter USA into the ring.
I was looking at these a while back. I hear they are exceptionally built guitars, and I love Nick Johnston's tone, but I just cant get into the finishes. Superficial, but if I'm spending that type of money, I want to enjoy the appearance. Maybe if I had NJ's skills, it wouldn't matter what the guitar looked like :)

Beautiful guitars!

I've been GASing hard for a Suhr Classic S (HSS). Unfortunately, lead times on them seem to be completely upside down. Checked with one of their bigger US dealers and they're not expecting any till late 2023.

Keeps my GAS in check anyway.. lol

Beautiful guitars!

I've been GASing hard for a Suhr Classic S (HSS). Unfortunately, lead times on them seem to be completely upside down. Checked with one of their bigger US dealers and they're not expecting any till late 2023.

Keeps my GAS in check anyway.. lol
Those are nice guitars, too.

Not to mess with your GAS, but it looks like Humbucker Music has several listed on their website.

I was just going to suggest Humbucker Music. That's where the Classic S in my avatar came from.

Those are nice guitars, too.

Not to mess with your GAS, but it looks like Humbucker Music has several listed on their website.
They were who I contacted. They do have a bunch, and I am still eyeing one of them. But the stock spec in Olympic White with Rosewood board I was initially interested in won't be back in stock for some time.

I spoke to someone there this morning as well. Suhr is on 16-month backorder! That said, it looks like they still have some items in stock that I'm very interested in.

I was looking at these a while back. I hear they are exceptionally built guitars, and I love Nick Johnston's tone, but I just cant get into the finishes. Superficial, but if I'm spending that type of money, I want to enjoy the appearance. Maybe if I had NJ's skills, it wouldn't matter what the guitar looked like :)
They have an NJ sig and standard strat model iirc. Also their custom orders seem reasonably priced from what I’ve read. No personal experience though.

I have 3 Suhr guitars. Two are custom builds and the third is a Classic Pro. One of the custom builds is one that I had built that is a carved top standard with a one piece quilt top. It is one of the guitars I reach for frequently when I pick one up. I have played a good number of gigs with it being my number 1. The third is a set neck carve top modern with a quilt top. All of these guitars are very well built and play very well. I would not be afraid to buy another guitar with the Suhr name on the headstock without even playing it first.

Suhr Standard Plus. Faded Trans Whale Blue Burst with Pau Ferro fretboard. If I don't like the humbucker, I may swap it out for one like yours. My guess, however, is that I spend much of my time playing the single coils, since that'll be new to me.

Suhr Standard Plus. Faded Trans Whale Blue Burst with Pau Ferro fretboard. If I don't like the humbucker, I may swap it out for one like yours. My guess, however, is that I spend much of my time playing the single coils, since that'll be new to me.
That's a beautiful finish on those! I think you'll like that guitar. Those singlecoils sound great and there's no hum (bonus!)

Back
Top Bottom