Rectifier ✅ , now let’s talk about the noise gate

Have you ever played a recto? It sound like that when you play in front of it.
The recto is probably one of the only amp that you will always hear on stage 😅. In a band with a guy with a recto and the other guitarist with a Marshall peavey or whatever, the one you will not hear is never the one with a recto 👍🏻. The presence of this amp is unbeaten live or in the practice room
Yeah, ive owned several. I always had to do a bunch of eq to get that flub out, and also use beam blockers on the cabs. Its so quick and easy to do that in the fractal, hence why I sold all the tube amps within a couple of months after getting the fractal back in 2016. I only care about my "in context" tone now, and I recognize tone that wont work well live or in a mix now immediately.

I cede your main point (that the real mesa in the video isnt the same as the model cliff built), and dont want to get into a taste debate, because its, well, subjective. Some people like muddy'd up sludgy tones 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, ive owned several. I always had to do a bunch of eq to get that flub out, and also use beam blockers on the cabs. Its so quick and easy to do that in the fractal, hence why I sold all the tube amps within a couple of months after getting the fractal back in 2016. I only care about my "in context" tone now, and I recognize tone that wont work well live or in a mix now immediately.

I cede your main point (that the real mesa in the video isnt the same as the model cliff built), and dont want to get into a taste debate, because its, well, subjective. Some people like muddy'd up sludgy tones 🤷‍♂️

I don’t have my gear just to play live or recording, as I play guitar everyday, and surely not playing live everyday, playing in front of an amp is a pleasure I won’t remove. That’s why I have both digital and tube system . Playing with bass and high cut is not as fun than doing a palm mute with a stack and having the room shaking 😅. It’s like watching a bike on tv or riding one .
Sure for recording I prefer the axe, and for gig is really convenient for my back, but yeah recording and gigging is a detail compared to the time I just play guitar

Last edited:
I don’t have my gear just to play live or recording, as I play guitar everyday, and surely not olay live everyday, playing in front of an amp is a pleasure I won’t remove. That’s why I have both digital and tube system . Playing with bass and high cut is not as fun than doing a palm mute with a stack and having the room shaking 😅. It’s like watching a bike on tv or riding one .
Sure for recording I prefer the axe, and for gig is really convenient for my back, but yeah recording and gigging is a detail compared to the time I just play guitar
I get it. I practice to backing tracks, and I have 2x atomic clrs, and a full PA in the jam room so I have it all mixed like a live show. I never really play guitar just by itself...

Tried again to get a little closer, its definitely hard to get the attack, low end and midrange all the same. I only lowered supply sag and bias from the deeper controls, and I spent some time trying different input levels. Can quite easily get into a situation of improving one aspect while taking another a bit further away. It's honestly always been close enough for me not to care, but I can also understand why others may want it closer still. Some of the tone controls definitely act a bit different to what I associate with Rectifiers which could either be down to tapers or tolerances, but I'd still kind of prefer something closer to the experience of the real thing if possible. Evening out the tapers between models makes no sense to me, because the original designers chose those particular pots for a reason. Sometimes they may seem dumb but you'd hope some thought and consideration went into them and that they were picked for a reason.

Cab is an oversized straight slant with 2002 V30's. sm57+Chandler TG-2. I made the IR from this exact chain using the real cabinet as the load.

Tried again to get a little closer, its definitely hard to get the attack, low end and midrange all the same. I only lowered supply sag and bias from the deeper controls, and I spent some time trying different input levels. Can quite easily get into a situation of improving one aspect while taking another a bit further away. It's honestly always been close enough for me not to care, but I can also understand why others may want it closer still. Some of the tone controls definitely act a bit different to what I associate with Rectifiers which could either be down to tapers or tolerances, but I'd still kind of prefer something closer to the experience of the real thing if possible. Evening out the tapers between models makes no sense to me, because the original designers chose those particular pots for a reason. Sometimes they may seem dumb but you'd hope some thought and consideration went into them and that they were picked for a reason.

Cab is an oversized straight slant with 2002 V30's. sm57+Chandler TG-2. I made the IR from this exact chain using the real cabinet as the load.

The « hmmmph » is missing yes . The first hit

Just want to drink a beer with everyone here.
We now have it ! 😅
Thanks cliff !
That’s not easy to have the bad role pointing the white hair, but now rectifiers got justice !
#freerectifier
#rectifierpride
Happy Hour Party GIF by Two Lane Brewing

The Recto 2 model in the latest beta sounds a lot closer to what I remember the Rectos sounding like. The Recto 1 model has a sort of flubby nastiness that I can't seem to bond with. At times on certain note attacks it almost sounds like blocking distortion. I've never been a huge fan of the base recto sound. They always sounded better with a tube screamer out front to cut the lows and goose the mids. Much tighter and more focused sounding that way.

The Recto 2 model in the latest beta sounds a lot closer to what I remember the Rectos sounding like. The Recto 1 model has a sort of flubby nastiness that I can't seem to bond with. At times on certain note attacks it almost sounds like blocking distortion. I've never been a huge fan of the base recto sound. They always sounded better with a tube screamer out front to cut the lows and goose the mids. Much tighter and more focused sounding that way.
Recto 2 I think is based on the Multi Watt or Reborn which is a lot tighter and more upper mid content than the Rev F or Rev G which I think Recto 1 is based on

To me the next big thing in the axe is the noise gate.
The day he will really do a noise gate that don’t let the noise run when you play, my main missions with the 3 will be completed . 😁
maybe try to shield the guitar with copper tape properly.. or try this : hit the open chord on hi gain and than put your right hand on a bridge while still the chord is ringing (so you are effectively shielding it), even without gate you will hear how much noise your guitar is adding.

Last edited:
maybe try to shield the guitar with copper tape properly.. or try this : hit the open chord on hi gain and than put your right hand on a bridge while still the chord is ringing (so you are effectively shielding in), even without gate you will hear how much noise your guitar is adding.
Most of my guitars have copper tape, I have already tried everything. Whatever guitars and pickups, the noise is not filtered as soon as you play. ISP and the built in kemper gate are 2 exemples of perfect working gate.Their method are patented. If I’m not wrong, the isp technology filters the noisy frequencies were they are but your core sound isn’t affected. The sustain is never affected and it is noise free . Both do the job with a single knob. To have zero noise while playing in the axe, you need to do extreme settings and also say goodbye to the sustain

Most of my guitars have copper tape, I have already tried everything. Whatever guitars and pickups, the noise is not filtered as soon as you play. ISP and the built in kemper gate are 2 exemples of perfect working gate.Their method are licensed. If I’m not wrong, the isp technology filters the noisy frequencies were they are but your core sound isn’t affected. The sustain is never affected and it is noise free . Both do the job with a single knob. To have zero noise while playing in the axe, you need to do extreme settings and also say goodbye to the sustain

If you haven't already try place the gate block between the amp and cab with the sidechain source set to input 1.

If you haven't already try place the gate block between the amp and cab with the sidechain source set to input 1.
I think I have already tried it but will retry this. I have put the gate block everywhere, even tried 1/2/3 gate.

Back
Top Bottom