FM9 Turbo vs non-Turbo....significant more CPU available.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I got the chance to pick up this Turbo from forum member FullReverse. He did not gouge and shipped lightning fast and packed well. I would definitely buy anything from him again. Kudos sir!

The difference of my main kitchen sink patch is about 14% savings from the non-Turbo to Turbo. Just a quick note to those interested.

I got the chance to pick up this Turbo from forum member FullReverse. He did not gouge and shipped lightning fast and packed well. I would definitely buy anything from him again. Kudos sir!

The difference of my main kitchen sink patch is about 14% savings from the non-Turbo to Turbo. Just a quick note to those interested.
Dang that’s a good chunk. I was a lucky one to get the fm9 early but I have my name on the list for the turbo and when my time comes, I’m leaning towards selling mine and getting the turbo

The documented difference is %11.11 processing power, I believe.

The turbo is a great buy. I skipped buying one myself, because I need to make sure my designed presets/TonePacks will still run without hitting the red CPU light on the original FM9 units that don’t have that extra CPU, but totally would recommend the turbo version for gigs/touring!

Only if all Turbo users only upload presets with ~65% CPU usage or more.
You can import a Turbo preset then simplify if in FM9Edit until it runs cant you? Ive posted what most of the blocks and types CPU usage is so that should help in cutting out the CPU usage down to nonTurbo levels.

In what way? The FM9 Turbo has 11% more CPU resources than the non-turbo.

The Axe Fx III Turbo has 25% more than the non-turbo.

Neither is "limited"...
I think you're missing the point. In the current architecture of axechange, there is no way to decipher whether the fm9 presets are too intensive for a standard fm9 or whether they were created on a turbo. Therefore, it is a crapshoot of whether they will work as is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're missing the point. In the current architecture of axechange, there is no way to decipher whether the fm9 presets are too intensive for a standard fm9 or whether they were created on a turbo. Therefore, it is a crapshoot of whether they will work as is.
But that's an AxeChange limitation not a limitation of the FM9 or it's "community" as was referred to in the post I replied to.

Also, I think the number of non-Turbo FM9 units in the wild is relatively small.

But that's an AxeChange limitation not a limitation of the FM9 or it's "community" as was referred to in the post I replied to.

Also, I think the number of non-Turbo FM9 units in the wild is relatively small.
The limitation is that the fm9 is not guaranteed to run a fm9 turbo preset. The OP originally posted that it was more like a 14% variance as it is not a strict 500/450 calculation. Regardless, I already have an fm9turbo on order and will give my fm9 to someone as a gift.

The limitation is that the fm9 is not guaranteed to run a fm9 turbo preset. The OP originally posted that it was more like a 14% variance as it is not a strict 500/450 calculation. Regardless, I already have an fm9turbo on order and will give my fm9 to someone as a gift.
This also applies to Axe Fx III Turbo... Does AxeChange allow distinguishing between those 2?

I think what Musikron is referring to when speaking of obsolescence is the diminishing community activity around his 1st gen FM9. I see the same thing happening to the AX8, there's hardly anyone posting in that forum anymore. Talking about AxeChange my assumption is that the number of presets for FM9 will grow rapidly now that FAS is able to push out significant numbers of boxes into the world. And even if some presets would not quite fit into the non-turbo envelope there's always a way to cut them down to extract their essence.

Edit : And as soon as the FM9 gets updated to an AxeFX 3 compatible firmware level there will be even more great stuff to try.

Back
Top Bottom