Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very familiar with Big Bang and LambdaCDM, thank you. Because of that, no, I don't believe there are more credible theoretical frameworks. They may very well be supplanted in the future by other schools of thought as we learn more, but they do the best job today of explaining what we know.

I've recently come across a scientific concept called the "Heirarchy of Evidence" which rates the 'quality' of evidence and assertions in accordance to credibility and how close any truth can be derived from them, etc. Fascinating stuff. Ideas, anecdotal evidence, opinions, editorials, and even 'expert opinions' are, unsurprisingly, at the lowest tier in the hierarchy as far as reliability, quality, and overall usefulness and utility. This is where is seems 95% of social media 'experts' are residing. Yay....
folie a deaux ? :)

I've recently come across a scientific concept called the "Heirarchy of Evidence" which rates the 'quality' of evidence and assertions in accordance to credibility and how close any truth can be derived from them, etc. Fascinating stuff. Ideas, anecdotal evidence, opinions, editorials, and even 'expert opinions' are, unsurprisingly, at the lowest tier in the hierarchy as far as reliability, quality, and overall usefulness and utility. This is where is seems 95% of social media 'experts' are residing. Yay....

Yup. So much senseless chatter. But it makes some of us feel more important and tuned in than we are.

The earth is a sphere and yes we landed on the moon. The Big Bang is probably not a perfect theory but the best we can do at this time. The big brains spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff. It’s obvious that there’s just no way we’re the only life in the universe. Enjoy your short time here and be a good human. If conspiracy theories give you a good time then why not?

I come from a family rooted in NASA/ Boeing / Grumman. I feel sorry for the moon hoax believers. They're cheating no one but themselves. They've taken one of Humanity's greatest achievements and, for some inexplicable reason, convinced themselves it's some kind of conspiracy to delude the world.

Another thing I fail to understand is why some people think that going to the Moon is an impossibility. It was nothing more than a series of technical challenges to overcome. And they were overcome. One by one. Step by step. First with Mercury, then Gemini, then Apollo. All of it was documented in meticulous detail. Thousands of people are still alive today who are directly involved, including my father and many of his friends.

I'm not here to debate the subject. I'm stating that it happened. There is nothing to debate. I'm proud of each and every person involved, especially those who risked and gave their lives for exploration. But I accept the existence of deniers, as I accept the fact that all systems are prone to noise.
well said

heaven help me, I believe I am a moon landing hoax denier - when I think about what it would take to pull off such a hoax, I am convinced, more than ever, the hoax did not happen - and I'm sticking to it darn tootin! - no matter what anybody says!. I hope no-one throws eggs at my window due to my increasingly non mainstream beliefs 😁

edit: despite my beliefs, I love this movie - watched dozens of times: Elliot Gould, Telly Savalas, Hal Holbrook, O.J. Simpson, Brenda Vaccaro, Karen Black ... great cast (well maybe not OJ, and not just cuz of, y'know ... (bad actor))

Last edited:
well said

heaven help me, I believe I am a moon landing hoax denier - when I think about what it would take to pull off such a hoax, I am convinced, more than ever, the hoax did not happen - and I'm sticking to it - no matter what anybody says. I hope no-one throws eggs at my window due to my increasingly non mainstream beliefs 😁

Haha! I think conspiracy falls apart when you simply consider two things:

1) People and their inability to get along with one another for very long. We can't agree on what's for dinner!!

2) People's inability to keep secrets. Guess what we are doing? Yes, I signed an NDA, but don't tell anyone, ok?

You are plotting the biggest sham in history and you have to keep everyone involved on board. For fuck's sake,
anyone ever try to get 5 guys to show up consistently for band practice know the impossibility of getting 1,000s
to stay on the same page and follow the script.

To suggest global level conspiracies is utter nonsense when you take into account WHO is gonna be involved in
them. People. ;)

Finally took the time to read through this whole thread after seeing it in The Lounge for months. Exhausted.

thread-necromancy.png

thread_necromancer_card_3.jpg

Wow, MTG! I haven't seen it or played it in years. Sold my old cards and took my family to Disneyworld on the money.

I come from a family rooted in NASA/ Boeing / Grumman. I feel sorry for the moon hoax believers. They're cheating no one but themselves. They've taken one of Humanity's greatest achievements and, for some inexplicable reason, convinced themselves it's some kind of conspiracy to delude the world.

Another thing I fail to understand is why some people think that going to the Moon is an impossibility. It was nothing more than a series of technical challenges to overcome. And they were overcome. One by one. Step by step. First with Mercury, then Gemini, then Apollo. All of it was documented in meticulous detail. Thousands of people are still alive today who are directly involved, including my father and many of his friends.

I'm not here to debate the subject. I'm stating that it happened. There is nothing to debate. I'm proud of each and every person involved, especially those who risked and gave their lives for exploration. But I accept the existence of deniers, as I accept the fact that all systems are prone to noise.

FB_IMG_1659738785706.jpg

If anyone thinks that laughable high school level shop class contraption could get to the moon made with a pile of garbage then one would have to be at a level of unmatched level of gullbility.

And not to mention some more shenanigans out of endless ones discovered:

FB_IMG_1659738792354.jpg
FB_IMG_1659738800973.jpg

Believing that went to the moon is a laughing stock of the centure. You have to be kidding me man. Do you realize what sophisticated technology is needed to go there or even to space? Whoever believes in this stuff has to start learning basic logic then arithmetic all over again. This is not hard to dismantle this stuff.

Last edited:
View attachment 106076

If anyone thinks that laughable high school level shop class contraption could get to the moon made with a pile of garbage then one would have to be at a level of unmatched level of gullbility.

And not to mention some more shenanigans out of endless ones discovered:

View attachment 106077
View attachment 106078

Believing that went to the moon is a laughing stock of the centure. You have to be kidding me man. Do you realize what sophisticated technology is needed to go there or even to space? Whoever believes in this stuff has to start learning basic logic then arithmetic all over again. This is not hard to dismantle this stuff.
yur not a quitter - I'll give you that! lol!

Einstein's 1905 Special Theory of Relativity and his subsequent 1915 General Theory of Relativity both contradict each other!

His 1905 STR limits the speed of light to 186,000mps.

His 1915 GTR says that light and other material objects can travel at any speed above the speed of light.

So which is it?

Majority of the masses have no idea what was Einstein's inspiration and motivation to "invent" his relativity theories.

You might like this, it's a 4 hour interview with Chris Langan, U.S's highest IQ holder, he is the creator of the CTMU ( cognitive theoretical model of the universe ). He says that Einsteins theory can't work within his model. I have no idea what he's talking about, I do like listening to him talk however.

You have obviously never worked with engineers. If you did then you'd know this is EXACTLY what a room full of engineers with a super restrictive mass limit would come up with

You have obviously never worked with engineers. If you did then you'd know this is EXACTLY what a room full of engineers with a super restrictive mass limit would come up with
Interesting you mention that, I'm working with one right now to try to change up the Floyd rose floating design.
Damn palm mute sharp nonsense. Terrible place to pivot.
Maybe a prototype by next year.

Ya very sleek looking framing there for such a sleek low mass design. Love that roofing paper. Looks great!

The LRO Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter got some photos of the tracks and debris left by the missions. And as @la szum points out, there is no way that many people could all keep their mouths shut. Just not possible. But each to his own beliefs.

Interesting you mention that, I'm working with one right now to try to change up the Floyd rose floating design.
Damn palm mute sharp nonsense. Terrible place to pivot.
Maybe a prototype by next year.
You could go ghetto/homage to the great one....

750-Frankenstein_quarter.jpg

The quarter was originally under the bridge to prevent it from going sharp when he rested his hand on it. After that all of his stuff was designed so that the bridge rests flat on the top of the guitar.

Other than that, look at the tremol-no or tremsetter.

Did a search and found.... myself. See if your prototyping effort is better than and more cost effective than the stuff that's already out there. I'm sure some of us would love to beta test whatever you guys come up with. My first guitar, a Charvel Jackson dinky has the biggest mistake of my gear life on it, a Kahler trem from 1996 or so that is a piece of pure dogshit.

Tremsetter or Tremol-No?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom