Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.08

Curious about the compressor time display change (I think from 19.07) - ie for dynacomp, I now have to put in .3 to get 3ms attack time, 3 to get 30ms ... - why?

k - must be a bug - thought there might have been some reason for it.
Not exactly a bug maybe, just limited precision. What do you think should happen if you enter 1.37695041262? That's going to get rounded to some practical level of precision, and that won't necessarily happen in a decimal/base 10 way, since under the hood all of this is binary.

Been using my A7X studio monitors mostly as of late, but when I want to crank up the w/d/w system with the CLRs and Marshall cab,
the Matrix GT1000FX sounds stellar. 19.08 is sounding so damn good any way you slice it though!
I've been thinking about getting a pair of Adams to handle my DAW needs instead of the CLR's that I've been using all these years and put my CLR's on the floor and do a w/d/w like you mentioned. This has been on my mind for some time now

Not exactly a bug maybe, just limited precision. What do you think should happen if you enter 1.37695041262? That's going to get rounded to some practical level of precision, and that won't necessarily happen in a decimal/base 10 way, since under the hood all of this is binary.
🤣If I enter 1ms I should get 1ms - not 10ms - she's a minor bug unless there's some logical reason for the conversion eh!

Last edited:
I just went to calibrate pedal 1 and pedal 2 on my AXEFXIII with 19.08 and it won't let me. There is no slide bar that shows the pedal moving. Can someone check this on their unit to see if its just something on my end? It's the ones on the back, not on the FC. Thanks

@FractalAudio I'm seeing an issue with scene ignore on this preset and the 19.08 firmware. I had the same issue on the 19.07 firmware as well. I am setting scene ignore on all the amp 1/2 scenes, but on unit power up, scene ignore is being lost on channel A of AMP 2.

To reproduce.
  1. Load the attached preset
  2. Enable scene ignore on Amp 2 channel A
  3. Save the preset
  4. Power cycle the unit
  5. Observe that scene ignore has been disabled for Amp2 channel A

Attachments

• PW Live.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Make sure you're in the Axe Fx pedal calibration not the one for FC pedals.
Yes I did and I know the difference. I have an FC-12 hooked up with two pedals but I have a tech that runs my rig and I wanted to have two pedals plugged into tha back so I didn't have to have them plugged int his FC-12 when I'm not running the FC out front onstage. Thanks

@FractalAudio I'm seeing an issue with scene ignore on this preset and the 19.08 firmware. I had the same issue on the 19.07 firmware as well. I am setting scene ignore on all the amp 1/2 scenes, but on unit power up, scene ignore is being lost on channel A of AMP 2.

To reproduce.
  1. Load the attached preset
  2. Enable scene ignore on Amp 2 channel A
  3. Save the preset
  4. Power cycle the unit
  5. Observe that scene ignore has been disabled for Amp2 channel A
This has been fixed for the next release.

TRS cable? Just tried it here and it works fine.
I got them calibrated but I have no meter that goes back and forth on the Axe screen like when I calibrate the FC expression pedals. Brand news TRS cables plus I tried my old ones. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom