FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if anyone is still seeing issues with the 59 Bassguy amps.
As reported in the last release for the 59 bass guy bright - regardless of where the normal drive is set, if the bright drive is set to zero or very near zero there is hardly any volume.

Not sure if this is normal behaviour - it isn't a amp I normally use

As reported in the last release for the 59 bass guy bright - regardless of where the normal drive is set, if the bright drive is set to zero or very near zero there is hardly any volume.

Not sure if this is normal behaviour - it isn't a amp I normally use
I'm pretty sure that's expected.

The Bright Drive controls the input Level on the Bright model. The other drive control only "interacts" with it.

Similarly the Normal Drive is has that function Normal model.

I'm pretty sure that's expected.

The Bright Drive controls the input Level on the Bright model. The other drive control only "interacts" with it.

Similarly the Normal Drive is has that function Normal model.
Cool - I know some people were saying about volume cutting out - it isn't an amp I use but the other Bassguy don't behave that way soo thought it might be a bug.

Good to go then.

This is the best the Fm3 has sounded in my opinion

Cool - I know some people were saying about volume cutting out - it isn't an amp I use but the other Bassguy don't behave that way soo thought it might be a bug.

Good to go then.

This is the best the Fm3 has sounded in my opinion
There are 3 models...

If by "other" you mean the Jumped model, then that is also expected as both Drives are jumped in that model.

If by "other" you mean Normal, re-read my previous post. ;)

59 Bassguy is working as expected (meaning great) and everything sounds phenomenal Thanks again FAS.

Update:
I decided to add some more input since I played more after posting the above brief comment.
  • Once again I couldn’t get 59 Bassguy to react abnormally when editing the specific parameters that were causing problems both on the FM3 and with FM3-Edit
  • I played with other presets for quite some time and everything ran smoothly in regards to the FM3
  • I did have one instance of FM3-Edit crashing (just closed by itself, didn’t freeze) when copying a factory preset to an empty slot. I was able to open it again and everything ran fine from there on. I was able to copy the preset and then did a good bit of editing and FM3-Edit ran smooth and relatively fast
  • Most of all it is sounding great and every factory preset I have played sound great. I can only imagine how they will sound and perform when the new set are ready
  • I was playing along with a song that is tuned to Eb so I took a preset that already had a good many blocks and threw the Virtual Capo in and besides tracking great it didn’t seem to increase CPU much at all. Then I decided to drop down to C and it was sounding mean and lean
  • I don’t know if anybody has been observing CPU usage and whether it’s been improved. To me it seems to be better, but I didn’t get a chance to really confirm
  • The main problem (not really a problem) with the FM3 is once I start playing I get wrapped up in playing and loose track of time and what I was doing.😉

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom