FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we already know the competition sucks. :)
Not sure that it all "sucks", per se, but it definitely doesn't hold a candle to FAS to our ears in tone and feel, which is why we're all here. Humbly, I even stepped away from FAS around Xmas for 4-5 months and tried having a go at just plugging my guitar into my Presonus interface and using plugins from a few major companies. I'm so grateful to be back in FM3 land now, and picked up a Mark 1 closeout deal on an FC-12 this past week as well. While some plugin products are pretty great, there's just something about the Fractal experience that can't be replicated by the competition, for sure. I've never been anywhere near as happy with other companies' stuff like I've been with Fractal. I still remember the first time I switched from another company's flagship product to an AX8, that feeling I had when I plugged in and turned it on for the first time. It changed me. Even using the same IR's at the time as I had been with that other product, it proved to me that although the IR's you use of course make a huge difference, the amp modeling driving it still does, too.

Last edited:
Not sure that it all "sucks", per se, but it definitely doesn't hold a candle to FAS to our ears in tone and feel, which is why we're all here. Humbly, I even stepped away from FAS around Xmas for 4-5 months and tried having a go at just plugging my guitar into my Presonus interface and using plugins from a few major companies. I'm so grateful to be back in FM3 land now, and picked up a Mark 1 closeout deal on an FC-12 this past week as well. While some plugin products are pretty great, there's just something about the Fractal experience that can't be replicated by the competition, for sure. I've never been anywhere near as happy with other companies' stuff like I've been with Fractal. I still remember the first time I switched from another company's flagship product to an AX8, that feeling I had when I plugged in and turned it on for the first time. It changed me. Even using the same IR's at the time as I had been with that other product, it proved to me that although the IR's you use of course make a huge difference, the amp modeling driving it still does, too.
Ok, they don't absolutely suck, they mostly suck.

My experience was: I bounced off lots of "modelers" before I got an AX8. I really liked it but the ghost notes threw me for a loop, and foolishly sold it, got another used Helix, which immediately broke and went into the shop, I bought another while the first was in the shop (for over 12 months), then heard about the FM3, sold the Helix and jumped into the FM3 list, which quickly was back-ordered so I bought my AF3, then the FM3 arrived, I sold the just-repaired Helix and have no interest in looking at other company's gear.

It's not just the sound, the flexibility, or the ability to do deep edits, it is Fractal Audio itself. They constantly improve the firmware, they stand behind their gear, and they don't take shortcuts; They're the ones the other companies follow.

Ok, they don't absolutely suck, they mostly suck.

My experience was: I bounced off lots of "modelers" before I got an AX8. I really liked it but the ghost notes threw me for a loop, and foolishly sold it, got another used Helix, which immediately broke and went into the shop, I bought another while the first was in the shop (for over 12 months), then heard about the FM3, sold the Helix and jumped into the FM3 list, which quickly was back-ordered so I bought my AF3, then the FM3 arrived, I sold the just-repaired Helix and have no interest in looking at other company's gear.

It's not just the sound, the flexibility, or the ability to do deep edits, it is Fractal Audio itself. They constantly improve the firmware, they stand behind their gear, and they don't take shortcuts; They're the ones the other companies follow.
Yeah, man. 100%. Wow, that's quite the journey you went on, huh? I'm kinda grateful for the journey I went through because in some ways, how do you know what you like without some degree of experimenting. That said, I'm happy to not be "platform hopping" anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom