FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 6 (release candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As reported in the last release for the 59 bass guy bright - regardless of where the normal drive is set, if the bright drive is set to zero or very near zero there is hardly any volume.

Not sure if this is normal behaviour - it isn't a amp I normally use
Part of the charm of the stock 5F6A tweed Bassman is the interaction of the volume controls. If one is set to 0 and the other turned up, it basically cuts the output signal voltage of the working channel a bit (due to the load of the mixer resistor of the off channel being grounded by the off channel's pot).

Good news for me, as I was stuck on 5.01 with a Pitch Block problem (being too slow to change channels or bypass itself while running Dual Diatonic via external MIDI), which is now fixed with 5.03b6, woo hoo!

Since 5.01 I've also noticed that the Pan/Trem Block has random tempo issues when doing a kill switch effect with a Square Wave, while tied to Tempo originating via MIDI CC's from Ableton LIVE, as it randomly doubles the timing turning 8th notes into 16th notes. It's a minor problem that's still musical when it happens, so not a big deal for my usage. Note that all of the various Delays are fine, so this issue should be confined to the Pan/Trem Block and it's obtaining or utilizing the Tempo data.

Love the Amp Block updates Gentlemen, well done (sounds and feels great)!

Last edited:
Beta 6… that’s like 9% double IPA? Never tried it.

It's a Bourbon infused and aged delight that ticks in at 11% ABV. It's delicious, and will kick
any grown man's ass to the curb for a little self-reflection. :)

@Fat Dad is a fan.

I like to add in a little Peanut Butter Whiskey. As if 11% ABV is not enough.

It's a Bourbon infused and aged delight that ticks in at 11% ABV. It's delicious, and will kick
any grown man's ass to the curb for a little self-reflection. :)

@Fat Dad is a fan.

I like to add in a little Peanut Butter Whiskey. As if 11% ABV is not enough.
I love Dragon’s Milk, it just makes it hard to sleep which makes the next day not as good.

This is more a statement on me than it is the beer, mind you. Gotta love being middle age.

After resetting the amp block on a couple of my presets on this newest FW for shits and giggles, and then putting in basically the same settings they both sound better than before. It may be just me and the crust in, and between, my ears, but I'm liking it a lot. There are a number of popular adjectives and ways (that I don't really understand) to describe what I mean, but I guess "open" would be the one I'd use. Everything from very high gain to clean just has something that maybe was missing before? Then again, it could just be the crust talking. The general buglessness is also very nice.

All that to say that I'm an extremely happy camper. And I don't even really like camping.

Installed yesterday and done recording today.
Seems all fine until now.
No issues and sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom