Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.06

Sorry maybe a stupid question but how works the speaker impedance? How can i know the ir's cab impedance?

Any factory preset sounds treble harsh, loss of low frequency.
You haven't told us enough to help you find a solution. An example preset, and a recording will help us help you. Otherwise, we'll ask you many redundant questions and use the automatic-shotgun approach to hopefully hit a solution that works.

How does it sound when listening through good headphones plugged into the headphone output?

What sort of volume are you using when listening? From the Wiki section about the Fletcher-Munson Effect

The Fletcher-Munson curve is the scientific name for the fact that human ears perceive sound at low volume levels differently than at higher levels. This is VERY important when dialing in tones.

When tweaking tone at low volume levels, a player often turns up treble and bass. This is what the "Loudness" switch on older home stereo systems did.

When the volume is turned up, those high and low frequencies get harsh and boomy. That guitar sound then competes with cymbals, and will lose. Also, the guitar competes with the bass guitar, and will lose.

This is not specific to FRFR systems. But FRFR amplification makes the Fletcher-Munson much more apparent because it amplifies a broad frequency range. In comparison, a traditional guitar speaker operates as a filter, with a quite narrow frequency range.

The "Loudness" controls in old Hi-Fi gear was nothing more than a bass/treble boost. It's a gimmick. It was supposed to compensate for the reduced sensitivity of human hearing at lower volumes. It's not accurate, never was and can never be. There are a myriad of reasons why, the most glaring is that you have no way of knowing what the SPL is (without a meter). Since equal loudness contours are dependent on SPL you can't compensate if you don't know the SPL. The Axe-Fx has no idea of the sensitivity of the amplifier and speakers connected. Therefore it can't possibly know what the SPL is and concomitantly can't know how to compensate. Here's an article on what's wrong with "Loudness" controls" [94]

Last edited:
Awesome! Haven't played it, yet, but already I feel like to low end is much tighter and the highs much clearer.;)

I perceive a pretty big difference in the sound of my main preset with Friedman BE C45 and Dizzy V4 Silver 2. Not digging it as much. Could very well just be my ears today. I've had days where it sounds perfect and others that it hits me as "bleh" when no changes are made.

What are you listening through? Do you hear the same through headphones? Can you give a sample factory preset where you are hearing this?

It sounds plenty beefy to me…
My normal setup I've always used. Matrix GT1000 EV T221m wedges. Same results listening through my normal in ears. Sounds great when I downgrade back to beta, very bright and sterile when update to official. I checked global settings, global eq, amp settings, cabs, Wah, nothing has changed. Others have also stated it is brighter, but my EV T-221m cabs and Shure SE846 PRO in ears may just be picking it up more. It's just way brighter. Examples, (but all the presets are brighter), Double Verb, solo 100, any plexi, rectos, shiver, again pretty much any preset has a soft bottom, pushed treble tone.

Last edited:
just wrote a dual amp patch with the carol-ann od2 and porta-bass. sounds incredible on this firmware!! each model is a sweet complement to the other

I wish one day Fractal helds an event on the latest FW update, where Criff explains the new algorithm/features one by one and we yell out YEAHHHHHHH insanely.
Would be better to include trailers of new presets/IRs by third parties, too.

Good job on the 19.06!

Thanks for the quick reply but I had already tried as you suggested and made a backup/export of all the songs and setlists but somehow they wouldn't import correctly, I'll re-dowload the firmware file after the weekend in case it got corrupted during download or something.
Meanwhile I have managed to revert back to 19.06 Beta now and get all my song lists etc back so I'll leave it as it is now over the weekend because I have four gigs over the next three days and at least I know it's working as it should.
Thanks again for the reply and keep up the excellent work.
You may have tried this but you need to import the Songs first, then the Setlists.

My normal setup I've always used. Matrix GT1000 EV T221m wedges. Same results listening through my normal in ears. Sounds great when I downgrade back to beta, very bright and sterile when update to official. I checked global settings, global eq, amp settings, cabs, Wah, nothing has changed. Others have also stated it is brighter, but my EV T-221m cabs and Shure SE846 PRO in ears may just be picking it up more. It's just way brighter. Examples, (but all the presets are brighter), Double Verb, solo 100, any plexi, rectos, shiver, again pretty much any preset has a soft bottom, pushed treble tone.
Sorry, but would it be possible for you to record a short clip to demonstrate this discrepancy?

What version did you upgrade from? I haven't been able to reproduce this.
Mine did the same, turned comp on & it auto installed the new Axe-Edit, didn't update the FW & over wrote my setlist with a few random names - didn't get chance to save current setlist - no biggie, but odd51EFC7FF-918E-4352-908C-19150B101737.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom