Interesting Xenforo Features, Tips and Tricks

I'm not seeing signatures on my phone.
I do have the preference to show them checked, just looked.
Is this normal?
Yes, the layout is dynamic and scales the visible content based on the width of the screen it's being used on. You can see what's hidden in a regular browser by making it narrower and narrower and watching the layout change.

Thanks for confirming.

Seems a little odd to remove something that increases height when the screen is narrow, especially since it allows multiple messages on one screen, which are way taller in total.

Since that's the case, it'd be nice to be able to see a user's signature in their profile. I'm thinking of the case when someone says, "the link is in my sig", which is what actually started me looking at this.

Not a huge deal though.

Since I'm talking about forum stuff, lately my count of alerts is missing pretty often, so I need to pull up the list to see if I have any. Not always, for instance it's there now.

You guys fiddling with this, or it is just how it is?

Thanks for confirming.

Seems a little odd to remove something that increases height when the screen is narrow, especially since it allows multiple messages on one screen, which are way taller in total.

Since that's the case, it'd be nice to be able to see a user's signature in their profile. I'm thinking of the case when someone says, "the link is in my sig", which is what actually started me looking at this.

Not a huge deal though.
It's a third party template. It is what it is.

Since I'm talking about forum stuff, lately my count of alerts is missing pretty often, so I need to pull up the list to see if I have any. Not always, for instance it's there now.

You guys fiddling with this, or it is just how it is?
No clue. We don't "fiddle" with this stuff.

I believe if you turn your phone on it's side in "that case" it should show the signature then...
You're exactly right, thanks. I was thinking the sig would show below the pay, but no, there's a second column added on the left. So it makes sense that screen wish is the trigger.

Is there any way in preferences to turn off the (what I think is a recent addition) "Similar threads" section at the bottom of the page? Having it there means having to scroll farther down to be able to click back to the forum. This is more of an issue on the tablet than the PC.

Is there any way in preferences to turn off the (what I think is a recent addition) "Similar threads" section at the bottom of the page? Having it there means having to scroll farther down to be able to click back to the forum. This is more of an issue on the tablet than the PC.
Doesn't appear to be a thing you can turn off.

And can you turn off the profile posts section at the bottom?
I would love to turn off both

And can you turn off the profile posts section at the bottom?

I would love to turn off both
I've turned off the "Similar Threads" section globally.

I don't know what the "profile posts section at the bottom" is you're referring to though.

I've turned off the "Similar Threads" section globally.

I don't know what the "profile posts section at the bottom" is you're referring to though.
Thanks for that.

Re "profile posts section at the bottom", I think that must have been pilot error on my part. I most often look at New Posts, must have goofed recently and ended up in its parent item "What's New", which does include profile posts too. Other than that I don't see them, which is good :) As you were...

Do you, like me, enjoy expressing yourself through animated pictures?

If you answered yes to that question you're in luck! Because adding GIFs to your posts just got a little easier. There's a GIF button in the rich text editor now. Click that and you can search and insert GIFs inline in your posts.

Awesome The Lego Movie GIF by Trolli

The button is here:

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 11.44.30 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom