Wish Wish List: New Amps

What Amps are you hoping for with future updates? Mine would be a Randall Century 200 like Dimebags, and a Friedman JJ Jerry Cantrell Signature Amp.
Ya man....I was gonna put the Randall Rg100es...but im trying to be polite and not repost, BC someone else already did. But man....why no Randall on here?? Please at this point ANY randall for dime tones would suffice

Any Laney amp. There's plenty of other amps with various flavors of them. Although there's so many great amps and tones in the Fractal that it really doesn't matter. It's already more than enough.

Ya man....I was gonna put the Randall Rg100es...but im trying to be polite and not repost, BC someone else already did. But man....why no Randall on here?? Please at this point ANY randall for dime tones would suffice
A lot of modelers don't seem to feature SS amps except something like a JC120 or some other widely used studio staple. I agree I wish we could get more solid state love.

The Laney VH100R would be a better call than the Ironheart IMHO - so much more character! No idea why Laney stopped making that one, it was a great amp.
Cliff told me a long time ago this is just a Marshall JCM 800 with an added gain stage. Hmmmm. I'd still like to have it modeled but considering some amps that been requested many many times (ada mp1) and years later still haven't been added which others on the short list have. It's safe to say there is some hate for certain amps.......🥸

Randall NB King 100 would be nice too in the Axe Fx 3 . I have the actual amp but need to get it worked on. Turned it on without it in stand by and it blew something. The amp is bad ass with a BBE 462 hooked up to it.

Cliff told me a long time ago this is just a Marshall JCM 800 with an added gain stage. Hmmmm. I'd still like to have it modeled but considering some amps that been requested many many times (ada mp1) and years later still haven't been added which others on the short list have. It's safe to say there is some hate for certain amps.......🥸
The Laney amps I've tried do resemble Marshall amps for the most part but the Laney has this low frequency thickness to the sound that you feel more than hear. Also the Laney has a little less sizzle or fizz in the distortion. The SuperCub's are really nice, but the original Supergroup with a Treble Booster is earth shattering. This is almost a literal statement - they are extremely loud and way too much volume is needed to make them sound good, which is why they are useless in anything less than a coliseum.

The Laney amps I've tried do resemble Marshall amps for the most part but the Laney has this low frequency thickness to the sound that you feel more than hear. Also the Laney has a little less sizzle or fizz in the distortion. The SuperCub's are really nice, but the original Supergroup with a Treble Booster is earth shattering. This is almost a literal statement - they are extremely loud and way too much volume is needed to make them sound good, which is why they are useless in anything less than a coliseum.

Yeah, the Laney VH is a bit thicker sounding and much gainier than a stock JCM800 - I could buy that it's a "modded JCM800" but really, Laney kinda had their own thing going on with the GH and VH range. Fantastic amps. To me, the Ironhearts are a bit of a 'me too' product, without much going on. Might as well just use a 5150 or a Recto tbh!!

I know it’s not an amp, but my suggestion would be a AMT Tube Platinum pedal. Maybe the most misunderstood guitarpedal ever. People thought they sounded “weird” in front of an amp, but that is because they have a cabsim build in. Also people frequently underfed these 400ma monsters, resulting in sub par performances.
However, you can pop them straight into your DAW and they sound glorious. I’m more than willing to send one of mine to FAS for digital duplication.

I was also thinking about some more doom/stoner friendly amps. Like I know there's Orange amps in there, but I find the Rockerverb is too friendly and the AD30 is too polite. You can get close with the Orange bass amp + a pedal but it's still not fully there for me.

I think throwing in something like a Matamp (or vintage Matamp-era Orange), a Sunn of sorts, etc etc. When I had a Helix/POD GO I had lots of fun with the Orange OR120 amp they had in there.

Another vote for H&K Tri-Amp (MkII) and the Rivera Knucklehead.
+1

I have a knucklehead tre that I retubed with JJ's a few months ago and it sounds incredible with an overdrive in front of it. Some of my favorite high gain tone of all time.

I've been trying to amp match it, but can't seem to capture the essence of the Rivera. It would be amazing if they could model it, I really want to have it in the Axe so I don't have to switch back & forth since it requires me to lug my amp and rack around in my small space. I'd be happy to loan it to Fractal if they could make this happen.

Wizards
Bogner 100b
Bogner 101b the blue channel is different than the 20th anniv and awesome
Naylor
Would also add the Bogner 101B Red channel, very different also compare to the 20th anniv.
I spent hour of try to match the FM3 with my 101B but was not able to make it. Tried Euro Red Vintage and Modern, Euto Blue, JCM800, etc. The mid structure was always different...

I cant get 101b blue out of 20th anniv model but couldnt get it from the real thing either
change Bright cap values helps

Back
Top Bottom