Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 19.01

I cant drag IR's in from desktop anymore - I now have to use import from a folder process - never had to do that before - maybe an axe-edit issue ?

Unbelievably awesome the continuous development cycle! Thanks for all involved in making this product better many times a year!! I can not think of another product I own that keeps getting better because the manufacturer supplies me with improvements!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Earlier in the conversation, @CipherHost asked about another USB cable to try.
Cables can deteriorate with use, so I'd certainly swap it for another known good cable, and see if that resolves this issue.
If it were me, I'd probably try exporting a preset from the AF3, testing the USB cable further.
Any chance you've added either a new hardware device or a new application around the time this stopped working?
I can't recall, but if you haven't already deleted AxeEdit, I would do that, and try reloading a fresh version.
We are all hopeful you'll find the key to this frustrating puzzle and get it back to normal.
Cheers,
Lee
Good ideas to try, thanks everyone.

I tried a new cable, same result.
I uninstalled and reinstalled Axe Edit, same result.
I restarted my computer.
I exported a preset succesfully earlier in this thread.
I haven't bought any new gear in months (thanks to my AxeFx3!),
I haven't rearanged anything in my studio,
haven't adjusted any global computer settings,
or installed any new programs recently.
Fractal Bot is closed during all my attempts.

I'm not sure what else I could try.

I see you tried a lot so far.
I didn't see if you tried using Fractal Bot to transfer a preset yet.
If this started after FW 19.1 was installed, could you roll back and see if it persists?
Do you have access to a different computer to try?
Got to isolate the problem somehow...

I see you tried a lot so far.
I didn't see if you tried using Fractal Bot to transfer a preset yet.
If this started after FW 19.1 was installed, could you roll back and see if it persists?
Do you have access to a different computer to try?
Got to isolate the problem somehow...
I just tried putting a preset on the AxeFx3 using Fractal Bot, Same issue. Not Responding.
I actually just tried rolling back to the previous firmware and it wouldn't let me. Not Responding.
So really requesting to send anything to the AxeFx3 doesn't work. But I can get presets off it just fine.
I don't have access to any other computers.

I just tried putting a preset on the AxeFx3 using Fractal Bot, Same issue. Not Responding.
I actually just tried rolling back to the previous firmware and it wouldn't let me. Not Responding.
So really requesting to send anything to the AxeFx3 doesn't work. But I can get presets off it just fine.
I don't have access to any other computers.
Have you tried another USB port? How long is your cable?

I'd suggest sending an email to Fractal support.

There is only one usb port on my microsoft surface. My cable is 3 or 4 feet long. I'll send support an email.
Just one other thought (I've been caught by this before, a long time ago) - is the USB cable plugged straight into your tablet, or going through a hub of some type? If a hub, try plugging straight in. If already direct in, then I'm out of suggestions.

Oh, an afterthought - what version of Windows? I'm a Mac user, but have heard from a couple of Windows users that the latest updates to Windows 10 as well as the update to take it up to Windows 11 have all broken various connection thingies...

Not sure if it's already been mentioned;

Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus software. If that works, create a permission to use Axe Edit.

Man, I haven't played in a while and just upgraded to 19.01 from 16 and am really blown away by how good the Plexi amps sound and feel! So easy to get a killer tone. Palm mutes, high end present but not harsh, chord clarity, distortion complexity, it's all just right. I love this unit. Great job Cliff and team!
I know right?!
I got a really great Cliffs of Dover sound by switching it into a jumped setting and using the Tube Drive with 4 knobs

Is there still hope for a set list function and new amp models?
they have said in many threads they are working on a set list function an it is priority .
amp models not sure , haven't seen any in a while but no sure why they would add , have to have the schematics and an amp to be considered

Back
Top Bottom