FM3 Firmware Version 5.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe new firmware with latest cliff updates from 19.1 updates arrived and they'll go with that instead, needing more time? Seems like there's been some rather meaningful changes to some amp sims.

Clearly FM3 is most often playing catch up anyway for minor updates, but 19.1 seems fairly essential, it seems to me (just My impression). Hence the thought. Or maybe it just isn't all that different, but some core tweaks to the new tech are still quite important... And the time investment for porting the update is small but worth the delay.

Last edited:
I know in our microwave, instant gratification world everyone wants stuff now, but that doesn't always happen.

Seems like a lot of stuff going on with this update. In the history of updates, v1.04 beta 1 was released April 17, 2020 and a final product wasn't out until June 5. Also there were 8 betas that we know about.

So where is it then? ;)
He's not saying there is a release every Friday, just that traditionally Fractal releases on Friday, which is exactly counter to what you stated and thus his assessment that you must be new around here.

I assume it has not yet cleared the beta team. I posted up above that this isn't unheard of. All of the betas with v1.04 caused me to stop installing betas. Now I just play guitar and wait...

Is there an average time frame for an upgrade to go from beta to "official?" Being old, I've had past experiences where the 'beta" has been a bigger problem so I now wait for the official release. Just wondering. Purchased the FM3 three months ago and having a great time with it. purchased Cooper Carter's tutorial too which is a must have.

Is there an average time frame for an upgrade to go from beta to "official?" Being old, I've had past experiences where the 'beta" has been a bigger problem so I now wait for the official release. Just wondering. Purchased the FM3 three months ago and having a great time with it. purchased Cooper Carter's tutorial too which is a must have.
Short answer is that there is no average time frame. You can go to the firmware thread and trace the timeline of every update. I just wait for the official release; I mean this unit is awesome as it is!

Is there still hope for a set list function and new amp models?

You can look at the most recent AXE III firmware to get an idea of what's coming soon to the FM3. Regarding new amps, outside maybe an ADA MP1 model, we're getting to "deep cuts" and anything added at this point is pretty much going to be a variation of something which already exists in the Fractal amp list.

Is there still hope for a set list function and new amp models?

Setlist function IIRC was already in Alpha phase, and the FM3 is now on par with the Axe Fx with the Buttery amp (since then, no new amps have been added to the Axe by Cliff)

I’ve seen them done at Fractal a few times, but it was never done at my company. The last thing the development teams wanted was a crisis over the weekend or first thing Monday morning when everybody came back to work. 😂😂😂

Admittedly this is a different environment and user base.
When I was tech-lead, I’d never do releases on Monday or Friday. Monday is when people came into the office and needed to get stuff done for meetings, same as on Friday. Plus, on Friday, if something went wrong, I wanted my team to have a day to roll back and test what went wrong then the weekend to relax and clear their heads so they could prep the following Monday for a retry rolling out the next day.

There’s nothing like having an endless parade of management from other teams walking by your desk asking “WTF is wrong with that system!?” to make a day be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom