Axe-Fx III Firmware 19.00 Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised nobody talks about this (anybody can confirm right away) :

Selecting IR´s with arrows on a keyboard is not possible anymore when IR window is open.
You have to click with your mouse to hear the change of the IR.
I believe majority of users knows how important is IR in the final sound.
Having an option to use keyboard arrows was really a convenient and fast way to find the sound in your head.
Can we get this time saving function back please @FractalAudio ? :)

Last edited:

Selecting IR´s with arrows on a keyboard is not possible anymore when IR window is open.
Having an option to use keyboard arrows was really a convenient and fast way to find the sound in your head.
Can we get this time saving function back please ? :)
I use the keyboard arrow, it works like before to change cabs (but not with the ir window open hm 🤔)

I notice a noise while changing cabs with this method, but …

Can we get this time saving function back please ? :)

That's weird, it's working okay for me. With 19.00 beta 3, in Axe-Edit III, I click on the number sign and just use my arrows on my keyboard, and it's changing IRs just fine. i wonder what could be happening on your end.

Does pressing Enter work? At one point that was needed, not just the arrow keys. I think the idea as that there are other things you can do with the selected IR.
NO, it doesn´t, you have to use your mouse to select different IR.

I worked always with arrows only and this was part of my everyday workflow.
Now I have to grab mouse all the time, it´s much slower now..

Last edited:
The AC20 models are sounding amazing! That has been my main amp since the II. This is the best yet.
Can’t wait to hear it with the JJ’s!
Same! the AC20 models are freaking incredible. Even if I try to make a preset with other amps I always come back to one of the AC20s lol. Excited for all the new preamp tube types :D

NO, it doesn´t, you have to use your mouse to select different IR.

I worked always with arrows only and this was part of my everyday workflow.
Not I have to grab mouse all the time, it´s much slower now..
Did you klick on Autoaudition?
It works here in my system without problems.

Can we get this time saving function back please @FractalAudio ? :)

Been this way for a while for me on Mac OS. Can move up or down with arrows but need to hit enter to select. Same if you pin the amp picker open. Guess that makes sense by design if you want to scroll past a few before you pick one.

Just to confirm mine does select when hitting enter for both amp and cab selection. M1 Macbook pro built in keyboard.
I will double check later today but I am pretty sure I have to use the mouse, when I use arrows and hit enter, it only highlights the chosen IR´s, but the sound does not change.
Do you have maybe Autoaudition selected ?

I'm certain I'm using the arrows and enter key to select IR's. I will check when I get in from work. My Axe Edit is on an older MacBook Air running Big Sur. I did a software update yesterday and haven't changed an IR since so I wonder...

LOL had to actually search around for auto audition. Click picker button and the first cab window that opens is where I mainly live. Haven't installed many IR's lately. When you then click manage, no auto audition not on.

LOL had to actually search around for auto audition. Click picker button and the first cab window that opens is where I mainly live. Haven't installed many IR's lately. When you then click manage, no auto audition not on.
well, I have no idea where that autoaudition even is lol...and I am sure I never had to use it, so same for me.
I used to use arrows, even without hitting Enter and it changed the IR right away, guess it´s different now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom