2 separate signal paths

Brett

Hi there....I haven't purchased a fractal product yet but am trying to find out if it will do all I'm presently doing with my amp set up so I don't have to modify too much. .
I have the output of my neck pickups and bridge pickups available on my guitar as separate outputs. Does the FM9 or Axe 3 allow 2 separate mono inputs driving 2 separate stereo amp systems at the same time? Reason I'm asking is that I depend on clean and overdriven sounds being active at the same time, with volume pedals feeding each so I can smoothly move between comping and soloing without any abrupt patch changes.I also use 2 different amps on each set up. This second requirement(2 amps on each signal path) may be unnecessary with the quality of the fractal processing but it'd be cool to know it actually is capable of doing that...thanks for any response ahead of time....Brett

Yes, you can have two separate inputs (three, actually). As for “two separate stereo amps,” that’s four amps total. The FM9 won’t run four amp models at once.

If you just want smooth transitions from one tone to another, the FM9 offers plenty of ways to morph from one tone to another.

Yes, you can have two separate inputs (three, actually). As for “two separate stereo amps,” that’s four amps total. The FM9 won’t run four amp models at once.

If you just want smooth transitions from one tone to another, the FM9 offers plenty of ways to morph from one tone to another.
Thanks Rex...so the 4 amp business...would that be possible using the Axe 3 ?

I’ve experimented with blending four (and even six) amps using my Axe III, FM9 and FM3 together. To be honest, I struggle to find a good use for more than two at once.

A typical "Stereo" guitar signal chain has only one amp anyway. The 'Stereo' part happens after the (mono) 'pre' effects, Wah, Compressor, Drive(s), Modulation, and Amp/Cab. Stereo Chorus, Flanger, Delay(s), Reverb, etc... are all 'post' effects. You have two of most of those, so you should be able to set that up, until you run into CPU% limits.

I’ve experimented with blending four (and even six) amps using my Axe III, FM9 and FM3 together. To be honest, I struggle to find a good use for more than two at once.
Hey Rex...ya agreed, it does just get confusing as you're never sure which amp is doing what..I only use 2 per each sound..either rhythm or overdriven and it is more likely because I'm not using fractal stuff yet and am likely compensating by using 2 per sound. On the overdriven sound the reason I use 2 is although I like the expressiveness of a super overdriven sound I still like the dynamics afforded by the old 50 watt marshal type approach so I use mostly the later and mix the super overdriven underneath it. I also find many of the more overdriven sounds loose fullness and become quite squashed sounding. Anyway...thanks for your comments man..Brett

A typical "Stereo" guitar signal chain has only one amp anyway. The 'Stereo' part happens after the (mono) 'pre' effects, Wah, Compressor, Drive(s), Modulation, and Amp/Cab. Stereo Chorus, Flanger, Delay(s), Reverb, etc... are all 'post' effects. You have two of most of those, so you should be able to set that up, until you run into CPU% limits.
thanks for your comments man...Brett

Hi again Rex..thanks for that man..the main section of my questions have been answered but your comments made me think..you say the SM9 won't run 4 at once...does the Axe3?

Hi again Rex..thanks for that man..the main section of my questions have been answered but your comments made me think..you say the SM9 won't run 4 at once...does the Axe3?
See post #4 above.

Back
Top Bottom