AITR

Well, I've just posted this in the main FW 17.00 thread:

I've just tried FULLRES with headphones using preset 031 Angle Severe Scene 1... MOTHER OF CHUGS!!!

I've must say that the first time I tried them with my studio monitors I wasn't impressed at all, but in retrospective it may have been user error trying to load them with Fractal-bot. I'm a Mark I user, and now loaded them with Axe-Edit to the scratchpad slots and let me tell you: It sounds JUST like having my cab besides me bleeding thru the headphones. The feeling is unbelievable, minus the SPL and the thump you'd get in your body having a cab blasting right beside you. o_O

Hope Cliff finds a way to save them to MK I memory, I have to say now I'm a believer thru and thru. Also, It will be a crime if it doesn't find its way to the FM3/FM9 because I'm absolutely confident this would be THE BOMB for IEM users.

Hope Cliff finds a way to save them to MK I memory, I have to say now I'm a believer thru and thru.
It might be that whatever free NV memory does remain on MKI might need to be used for Set List storage or other future FW things that don't require a huge amount of space (like another full IR bank).

Last edited:
"Amp Down the Hall" (ADTH) 18.00.

Version 18 introduces SuperDuperRes™ Impulse Response processing. SuperDuperRes processes IRs up to to 1024K points with zero latency using a novel technique. This provides up to 22 seconds of response time. Seasoned producers and engineers often mix in “Down the Hall" mics during recording to simulate as if you are playing your guitar in the bathroom and your amp is down the hall in the den (or vice versa). Get the "I've got to take a super duper dump but can't stop playing my guitar" super realism with SuperDuperRes IRs!

Last edited:

Version 18 introduces SuperDuperRes™ Impulse Response processing. SuperDuperRes processes IRs up to to 1024K points with zero latency using a novel technique. This provides up to 22 seconds of response time. Seasoned producers and engineers often mix in “Down the Hall" mics during recording to simulate as if you are playing your guitar in the bathroom and your amp is down the hall in the den (or vice versa). Get the "I've got to take a super duper dump but can't stop playing my guitar" super realism with SuperDuperRes IRs!
I would sacrifice all of the cab slots and all but one preset slot for this. Don't get me wrong, I love the Reverb Block, but it doesn't quite provide the subtle slapback depth and space you get from a real wall 12,200 feet away.

Last edited:

And just one ir makes your axe 3 full in a second ! Time to release axe … 5 !

And just one ir makes your axe 3 full in a second ! Time to release axe … 5 !
Nah, SuperDuperRes would be the Axe 4.

Axe 5 is going to be for SuperUltraMega Res, with times up to 1 hour, so you can do a whole performance by playing one note and letting your audience listen to the reverb. That is a ways off because Cliff will need to get abducted by aliens and discuss quantum physics with them to pull it off. Then we will finally have an authentic Amp In Space tone.

Seriously all this mess for …. That . I feel lonely being happy with a maxon . I need nothing more in an update . A friend of mine just message me pretty furious “do you see a new axe again ?! Wtf are they doing ?will you buy it ?” Because yeah in Europe with have a big delay so he told me “the time we have our axe another one is out” I speak to me saying “man who cares … the unit is good like this and the updates still there..” and then he say “ah the update are not just for the new unit ? …” people get nervous without reading nothing …. Unhappy to not have the latest thing …. Please guys , just turn the gain up and play the guitar .

Has anyone tried just truncating FullRes files so they're "normal" length? Would that happen automatically with IRs that are too long for the capacity on the unit?

I know it'd be a very different effect than a full room sound, just curious what it'd sound like.

Has anyone tried just truncating FullRes files so they're "normal" length? Would that happen automatically with IRs that are too long for the capacity on the unit?

I know it'd be a very different effect than a full room sound, just curious what it'd sound like.
Someone asked that previously, and the added length is where the room reflections exist in the IR, which is the detail they want to keep. Truncating them would make them sound like regular IRs.

(I think it was part of a thread when Cliff was looking at plots of IRs and was able to see where the room reflections were appearing in existing IRs.)

Someone asked that previously, and the added length is where the room reflections exist in the IR, which is the detail they want to keep. Truncating them would make them sound like regular IRs.

(I think it was part of a thread when Cliff was looking at plots of IRs and was able to see where the room reflections were appearing in existing IRs.)
Understood, but I'm still curious what it actually sounds like.

I'm not sure truncating them would make them sound like a regular IRs, since regular IRs are generally from a close-mic'd speaker cab and these are from room mics...

Neither do I. What I do need is a way to weed out the ones I'm not using and 'defrag' the storage space while updating the presets with the new location of the cabs that got 'defragged'. Probably only using about 50 or so of them, TBH....
I've used the same two cabs for as long as I've had the thing. Factory cabs at that. Yeah, I don't get the need for that many slots.
At some point you're not chasing a tone, you've got analysis paralysis and its keeping you away from actually making music. (not you personally, generally speaking)

amp down the hall is followed by 'the hotdog in a hallway' sound. Main tone drowned in reverb and an ambient flutter effect...

I've used the same two cabs for as long as I've had the thing. Factory cabs at that. Yeah, I don't get the need for that many slots.
At some point you're not chasing a tone, you've got analysis paralysis and its keeping you away from actually making music. (not you personally, generally speaking)
I figure out what cab/mic or mix IRs I like from a pack, but never get around to the tedious work of removing the also-rans, and, suddenly 2 user banks are nearly full.... LOL!

I figure out what cab/mic or mix IRs I like from a pack, but never get around to the tedious work of removing the also-rans, and, suddenly 2 user banks are nearly full.... LOL!
And if you delete the ones you don't care about, either you consolidate to fill the holes, breaking your presets, or you put random other ones in the holes, which my semi-OCD isn't happy about.

I’ve found every cab does not work over a wide variety of models and using the same IR all over the place lends to an every model sounding the same thing going on. No I still don’t need 500+ slots but more than 2 is helpful.

I haven't kept up with this thread...

Way back in the day I was mixing Jay's far fields with my close IRs on my Axe-FX Ultra.

I remember complaining that it sounded too much like a 'cab in the room' and not enough like the latest Disturbed album.

Back
Top Bottom