FM3 Firmware Version 4.01

...is there a way to backup the settings of the footwitches (per preset & perform), do the reset and then reupload these settings ?
Footswitches are backed up when you do a system backup. Per-Preset footswitches are saved in the preset itself, so they're backed up when you back up your presets.

Can anyone confirm or deny that, when you switch scenes or parameters and the edit light comes on, and then you revert back to the original stored scene or parameter values, the edit light goes off? This is the only added functionality I think the edit light/notification need(ed/s), but the ability to turn it off just for scene changes is a definitely a good thing.

Can anyone confirm or deny that, when you switch scenes or parameters and the edit light comes on, and then you revert back to the original stored scene or parameter values, the edit light goes off? This is the only added functionality I think the edit light/notification need(ed/s), but the ability to turn it off just for scene changes is a definitely a good thing.
I played around with it and so far as I can tell, if you turn the behavior off it works like a champ. If you leave it on it behaves as always, so once it comes on it stays on regardless.

Reactions: Rex
Not sure I understand the question - but here goes:

4.00 behaviour, you load a preset and move away from the default scene - the preset is marked as edited
4.01 behaviour, you load a preset and move away from the default scene, if you've updated the parameter in the release notes - the preset is not marked as edited

If you change parameters (say turn an effect on, move a knob on an amp) - in both versions the preset will be marked as edited.

This new behaviour is great, for people like me who have 'prompt on preset change if edited' set

What does "update presets" do then?
A few notes on "Upgrade Presets"

When a preset is saved to flash it contains blocks at that firmware version. When new firmware is installed and the "old" preset is loaded into memory all blocks which have changed in the new firmware must be updated to the new version. This includes new parameters and existing parameters which have changes (such as range limits). As the preset stored in flash becomes older and older relative to the installed firmware this update process takes longer and longer which slows the preset change process. This Upgrade Preset functionality under Utilities will upgrade the preset to the currently installed firmware version then store to flash so the update process doesn't need to run every time a preset is loaded into memory.

1. Always backup your presets prior to running this process.
2. It runs on all 512 presets. You cannot select specific presets.
3. You do not need to run this process for every new version of firmware if preset changes are running fast enough for you.
4. Running this process multiple times for a given firmware version will not cause harm. Subsequent runs simply do nothing.

A few notes on "Upgrade Presets"

When a preset is saved to flash it contains blocks at that firmware version. When new firmware is installed and the "old" preset is loaded into memory all blocks which have changed in the new firmware must be updated to the new version. This includes new parameters and existing parameters which have changes (such as range limits). As the preset stored in flash becomes older and older relative to the installed firmware this update process takes longer and longer which slows the preset change process. This Upgrade Preset functionality under Utilities will upgrade the preset to the currently installed firmware version then store to flash so the update process doesn't need to run every time a preset is loaded into memory.

1. Always backup your presets prior to running this process.
2. It runs on all 512 presets. You cannot select specific presets.
3. You do not need to run this process for every new version of firmware if preset changes are running fast enough for you.
4. Running this process multiple times for a given firmware version will not cause harm. Subsequent runs simply do nothing.

Thanks Ray, that clears it up.

As @fcs101 said, once the Edited light is on, it stays on until you either save or change the preset. Otherwise, it would need to keep track of every parameter, and check them all to see if you dialed them back to where they started. That would eat up a lot of CPU.

Last edited:
As @fcs101 said, once the Edited light is on, it stays on until you either save or change the preset. Otherwise, it would need to keep track of every parameter, and check that all to see if you dialed them back to where they started. That would eat up a lot of CPU.
Would it? Well, then I guess it makes sense. I don't know enough about DSP programming, but in an ideal world, it would go off once any adjusted parameters are returned to their saved value. Not a huge deal, of course, but I can't tell you how many times I've scrapped a slew of changes because I tweaked a single parameter too much and forgot where it should be. I guess (and I should just add this to the pile of wishes that will never be fulfilled lol) I would like each parameter to signify somehow that it has been edited and/or revert once the parameter has been restored to its saved value.

But I've derailed this thread enough; disregard lol.

@BryantP / @Admin M@

SCENES REVERT did not work .

I set it to "ON"

When i enable for instance the DELAY on scene 1 then i change to scene 2 and i come back to scene 1 ,
the DELAY is still enabled .

I tried to set it OFF than ON again but the behaviour is the same.

Any tips ?

A.

Footswitches are backed up when you do a system backup. Per-Preset footswitches are saved in the preset itself, so they're backed up when you back up your presets.
Thx, so ok for the per preset switches, but in that case I suppose these settings would survive both operations (system reset and presets update) anyway. Hence I'll have to redo the perfom page settings as it won't be of any use to reset the system file and reload the backup.... That's not so much to do.

Happy 4.01, thanks FAS, rolled in great.
I did notice an increase in my main CPU, now to 82. would his be consistent with Marco's warning ?

Back
Top Bottom