Damn I miss the 90s

Just watched that with my wife, who, I just discovered, didn't really know who they were, , , how does that even happen?

But anyway, it's funny, she spent a hunk of it saying how much better and more powerful Daltry's version is.

Different strokes...

It is cool to see how Eddie smiles and keeps playing when his second pair of headphones is not working, after he destroys the first one. There are many hot-tempered guitarists that would make a hell out of it

Last edited:
Very cool, but I don't think of this as "90s".
To me, this is something from the 70s that was good enough to keep around through the 80s.

Yeah, Grunge was awesome!!!! :)
I remember first hearing STP, and thinking it was refreshing to some extent to not have a wanking guitar solo on every song. And then you had this guy who played shit gear, got shit tones out of it (but the producers took care of that), but who wrote fantastic songs, with a level of feeling and emotion that I couldn't recall hearing for some time prior. (Kurt Cobain) Yeah, I dug most of the grunge scene. Gawd Layne's and Jerry's vocal harmonies gave me goosebumps!
That's what I think of, when I think of "the 90's."

I was born in '82, so right as that grunge/Seattle explosion was going on, that was right when I had started playing. I miss the 90's so much.
AIC is my favorite band of all time but there's really not much from the 90's I don't dig. I try to carry some of that vibe into everything I write, especially sound wise, not so much the writing style. Easily my favorite decade for album production.

My Grunge comment was meant to needle Justincase. Just a little. I had buddy's in hair
bands that were on the verge of signing with labels and it all went away in an instant. My
one friend loathes the sound of Eddie Vedder's voice to this day because of it. Eddie stole
his dream. :)

But now that I think of it, wasn't the 90's one of the most crazily diverse musical
decades for guitar based music? Maybe our of our current lifetime??

Pantera had a number one album. Rage came on the scene. Grunge ruled. But
you also had the Chili Peppers at the peak of their success, and Nine Inch Nails
and Prodigy and that whole industrial movement with bands like Ministry. Then
bands like White Zombie blending all of that.

F'ing Dream Theatre came on the scene on the 90's and then jangly alt-rock like
The Gin Blossoms and Toad The Wet Sprocket.

Can't forget Creed and Limp Bizkit. ;)

My Grunge comment was meant to needle Justincase. Just a little. I had buddy's in hair
bands that were on the verge of signing with labels and it all went away in an instant. My
one friend loathes the sound of Eddie Vedder's voice to this day because of it. Eddie stole

But now that I think of it, wasn't the 90's one of the most crazily diverse musical
decades for guitar based music? Maybe our of our current lifetime??

Pantera had a number one album. Rage came on the scene. Grunge ruled. But
you also had the Chili Peppers at the peak of their success, and Nine Inch Nails
and Prodigy and that whole industrial movement with bands like Ministry. Then
bands like White Zombie blending all of that.

F'ing Dream Theatre came on the scene on the 90's and then jangly alt-rock like
The Gin Blossoms and Toad The Wet Sprocket.

Can't forget Creed and Limp Bizkit. ;)
All good stuff....of course my all time favorite and the holy grail of guitar driven metal albums... Megadeth Rust in Piece kicked it off in 1990.

The hair bands of the 80's had run there course. It was pretty much over before grunge came around. Most of it had become a parody of itself.

The hair bands of the 80's had run there course. It was pretty much over before grunge came around. Most of it had become a parody of itself.

I agree. My buddy is still bitter to this day about it, though. I have fun reminding him
when I see it. Fun getting that Pavlovian response out of him. ;)

Back
Top Bottom