Wish Add More Scenes (and some Channels to some FX?)!

DJD100

Power User
I did a search and didn't find anything related to this, so, how about a total of 12 or 16 Scenes?

In my case the show is automated, so Scenes are called via MIDI, and the most important thing is gap-less switching/cross-fading, and pristine delay/reverb tails, so I wish for more Scenes (vs using more Presets).

P.S. Additional Channels on Pitch-1, Multi-Delay, and Plex-Delay as well (for a total of 8 per block?), seeing there is only one of each (I am a Axe II owner as well, and it had two of each etc, hence my wish!).

NOTE: Scene and Channel data is small LOL!

TIA!

Last edited:
at least 12!!! Yes! Please!

These should be popular "wishes", as they're likely one of the more easier features to implement (assuming there is FW and MEM space etc?), and they provide more usage possibilities for the FM3's more limited block set.

When channels and scenes were introduced (at different times IIRC), they weren't as tightly coupled as they are now. Scenes are often used just as a convenient channel selector these days. I think it's safe to say that, with the benefit of hindsight, the number of channels should match the number of scenes.

OTOH, more than 8 scenes strikes me as excessive.

When channels and scenes were introduced (at different times IIRC), they weren't as tightly coupled as they are now. Scenes are often used just as a convenient channel selector these days. I think it's safe to say that, with the benefit of hindsight, the number of channels should match the number of scenes.

Agreed. I think that makes sense. That said, I rarely even use 4 scenes these days, as I make a lot of indivudal song-specific presets, but if there's going to be 8 scenes, 8 channels seems appropriate.

Presets don't allow for pristine tails and the cross-fading FX/Tonez etc, hence the need for more scenes IME, and for the FX block instances restricted to 1 by DSP limitations, more channels is an relatively easy way to allow more flexibility for those who push the limits (and who no longer want the rack form factor).

"OMG No" :oops:, dang, tough crowd LOL! :cool:

Great box though, and loving Cygness!

The scene management could and should definitely be upgraded. I'd like to see a function to get to the next preset just by pressing the next scene footswitch on the last scene (or whatever chosen scene). That would eliminate the need for a dedicated preset +1 button and would help to play through a setlist live.

The scene management could and should definitely be upgraded. I'd like to see a function to get to the next preset just by pressing the next scene footswitch on the last scene (or whatever chosen scene). That would eliminate the need for a dedicated preset +1 button and would help to play through a setlist live.
Which one is the last scene?

What is "the next scene footswitch"? The behavior you're asking for really has nothing to do with scenes... It's entirely related to switching.

Your comments don't really apply to this wish. You may want to create your own.

I rarely use more than 4, except when using the 'lower 4' (1-4) for one thing and the 'upper 4' (5-8) for another, like same amp(s) and different cab, or similar....

What is "the next scene footswitch"? The behavior you're asking for really has nothing to do with scenes... It's entirely related to switching.

Your comments don't really apply to this wish. You may want to create your own.

The next scene footswitch is the footswitch dedicated with scene +1. That's what I use to play through different parts of a song. I use different presets for each song. And now I need an extra preset +1 footswitch to play through my playlist. I thought that this function has more with scenes as with playlist to do, but maybe I was wrong.

Scenes belong to a preset. There are 8. Increasing a scene to the next preset doesn’t have much to do with scenes because increasing the scene goes to the next scene, not preset. A setlist function hopefully will let us do what you describe, as scene controls are limited to changing scenes, not presets.

The next scene footswitch is the footswitch dedicated with scene +1. That's what I use to play through different parts of a song. I use different presets for each song. And now I need an extra preset +1 footswitch to play through my playlist. I thought that this function has more with scenes as with playlist to do, but maybe I was wrong.
Why not set your Scene Increment switch to do Preset Increment on Hold? No extra switch required ;)

Back
Top Bottom