FM3 Firmware Version 4.00

Well, the day is finally upon us. Thanks Fractal Audio, and thanks to all the beeeeta testers who are braver than I.

Backed up, updated everything, loaded in the presets, all is easy peasy. I focused on my presets first and so far only two needed any tweaking to my ears (A USA lead and a 6160 block based preset, both high gain). Those two are now sounding glorious indeed however.

I think what I've been seeing you guys say about the feel is the biggest difference on this update. It all sounds better, in a subtle way, yes. But more than that I feel like I'm getting more response out of different amounts of pick attack, which direction I bend a note, where on the neck I go for a harmonic. It is all very dynamic, and feels real!

I definitely need to play around some more and explore the new factory presets, but so far I am very impressed. 100% worth the price of entry and the wait. Thanks again to everyone that helped make this happen.

Unless I'm blind, I don't see a statement of what version of Cygnus is included. Last beta was apparently equivalent to 16.02, but I understood 16.03 brought some other improvements. Just wondering if those changes are included or yet to come?

Looking forward to checking it out!
I forgot 16.03 changed some amp stuff again a hair. Well shoot. Nvm

Unless I'm blind, I don't see a statement of what version of Cygnus is included.
Just like it did for Ares before it, the FM3 has its own version of Cygnus. It isn't lockstep with one version or another of the modeling on the Axe-Fx III. One thing I can tell you is that the version released today does include the most recent bias excursion updates from 16.03

Thank you all FAS Team for your hard work. I just can’t await to try this epic release, but first when i am home i will open a bottle of Bavarian „Tegernseer Bier“ and say „Prost!“ Fractal!

Just like it did for Ares before it, the FM3 has its own version of Cygnus. It isn't lockstep with one version or another of the modeling on the Axe-Fx III. One thing I can tell you is that the version released today does include the most recent bias excursion updates from 16.03
Excellent!

Brilliant! Turning out to be a great investment this little unit!

Just wondering, would it make sense to have the "FM3 only" version of the FM3 + FC-6/12 (“OMG9/15”) layout loadable as well given most people won't buy both devices, especially at first? Or is modifying the OMG9 layout to "FM3 only" easy to do? Just an idea. (This is what I use and it's great).

There was an entire thread about the FM3 not sounding like the AXE3. It was stated by many folks that the amp modeling was identical between both products and there should be zero difference between them. Turns out there may be some truth to that.

There was an entire thread about the FM3 not sounding like the AXE3. It was stated by many folks that the amp modeling was identical between both products and there should be zero difference between them. Turns out there may be some truth to that.
That it is mostly identical soundwise? Yes

Back
Top Bottom