Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.02

Downloaded and ran through a few favorite presets. Distortion would appear to be slightly more defined while still maintaining the "amp in the room" feel. All fractal products need to come with a disclaimer "Warning: May be addictive"! Keep up the great work FAS!!

Last edited:
Yeah, addictive is definitely the correct word. I finally cut the grass, but I've still been neglecting everything else, playing 4 hours a day, and getting to bed past midnight. NEVER been this inspired to play! Between this and my Majesty..., damn I wish I was a teenager... sigh

The cool things with the axe is the ton of amps in it . I still don’t have a favorite . Impossible to tell which one I prefer . For example today it was the severe 2 , a amp I don’t play a lot, but I have redo a new preset with it and it sound cool. I don’t feel bored with the axe as I used to with other modelers . Maybe the only problem is that I am always tweaking it . I play 30 min and then I spend the rest tweaking trying to do a better sound . With an amp you don’t have this problem as you are way more limited . I never tweak my JP2c now, I just play with it . When you have too much settings you can be trapped in the never ending tweaks yes . And then you got ears fatigue and don’t realize you are just killing your preset until the next day 😅.

you need in a further update put an alert after 30 minutes of tweaks : “stop ! you are doing €&@“ now”

Wow, awesome, shortest beta ever!
Guess I'll load up the final version of the new factory presets, and start over going through them all.
First go-round has been a stone cold blast, great stuff!

Fantastic work with both new firmware and the presets… Sounds Flippin’ incredible. Taking a short cigar break before I head back into the pleasure dome arena for a gig.

The cool things with the axe is the ton of amps in it . I still don’t have a favorite . Impossible to tell which one I prefer . For example today it was the severe 2 , a amp I don’t play a lot, but I have redo a new preset with it and it sound cool. I don’t feel bored with the axe as I used to with other modelers . Maybe the only problem is that I am always tweaking it . I play 30 min and then I spend the rest tweaking trying to do a better sound . With an amp you don’t have this problem as you are way more limited . I never tweak my JP2c now, I just play with it . When you have too much settings you can be trapped in the never ending tweaks yes . And then you got ears fatigue and don’t realize you are just killing your preset until the next day 😅.

you need in a further update put an alert after 30 minutes of tweaks : “stop ! you are doing €&@“ now”
Have you tried actually making new amps too there is a rabbit hole
i took an SLO changed tone stack to JCM800 EL34 power section
tweaked the Negetive feeback
turned up the transformer drive and bias brought depth freq down to 125 , i dont know what it is but i dig it kind of a Marshaldano

I am not a big fan of this latest update. I prefer 16.01. I went back and forth a few times and this update definitely wrecked my presets.

Have you tried actually making new amps too there is a rabbit hole
i took an SLO changed tone stack to JCM800 EL34 power section
tweaked the Negetive feeback
turned up the transformer drive and bias brought depth freq down to 125 , i dont know what it is but i dig it kind of a Marshaldano
Great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom