Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FractalAudio You said the delay time bug was fixed for the next release in the 15.01 thread, but I can still reproduce it with this beta (select digital mono delay, set time to any value above 8000ms, results in an 8s delay). I'm aware we're technically not yet at "next release" as it's still a beta, just mentioning it in case it's a regression...

Went back to 15.01 to see if I could hear the difference. That definitely was a damn good firmware. Came back to 16b5 and I definitely think it’s objectively better…but I definitely have to take the highs more.

It's on the verified list "Mark IIc+" about half way down.

One possible source of confusion is that the verified list has the real amp names, not the suggestive model names used in the hardware.
I deleted the post (but not before you quoted it lol) because he put 2C+, which is not there. It's listed as IIC+.

Dude, just don’t update unless you want the latest and most accurate version!!
It was a joke

In other words, the choice is YOURS whether to update or not, and there are lots of options for firmware to get the sound YOU want.

If you like an older firmware, be happy with that. Lots of famous artists were on the ii because it was the sound they had dialed in perfectly and it was rock solid so they didn't change, even while we are on FW16 on the iii

Nothing is wrong with an older firmware, I remember I had fw 5 for a LONG time cuz I didn't quite gel with some changes, and it didn't affect me negatively in any way

So ? No one cares about the 2C+ ?
I never tried a real one myself , but the sound in the axe is so strange, that's not possible there is a problem .
ok ok , I know it s bad to see videos in youtube , but this amp is similar to the jp2C not a big muff with no more battery
Tell me back if someone got the same feel

The IIC+ model sounds great to me. Very aggressive, bright and midrange heavy just like real deal. The 5 band graphic EQ is key to taming the mids on Mark series amps (the classic Boogie "V" shape). The Beta versions are more punchy and raw sounding compared to previous versions. The IIC+ is not quite as polished and focused sounding as the Mark IV. I've never played a Mark V or the JP2C in person, so I can't really compare there.

Yes 2c+, IIc+ ... that’s the same when you know the amp. Anyway .
si no one played with it ? Ok ok ....
Rather than just look through the list I did a Command-F in Safari to search for 2c+ to make sure I didn't miss it visually. Naturally, it found nothing since Safari knows nothing about Mesa amps LOL!

Rather than just look through the list I did a Command-F in Safari to search for 2c+ to make sure I didn't miss it visually. Naturally, it found nothing since Safari knows nothing about Mesa amps LOL!
How to you pronounced it so ? II is 2 man, don’t dig your grave even deeper . It happens to be wrong don’t care

So ? No one cares about the 2C+ ?
I never tried a real one myself , but the sound in the axe is so strange, that's not possible there is a problem .
ok ok , I know it s bad to see videos in youtube , but this amp is similar to the jp2C not a big muff with no more battery
Tell me back if someone got the same feel

The IIC+(+) always sounds pretty bad until you dial in tone and the GEQ.

Searching in Safari has NOTHIG to do with pronunciation! The amp is called IIC+.
Man, next time I do a party I invite you .

time for the punishment !
Bart simpson ! write this for an hour !

how do you pronounce II ?
How...

🎉🎊

The IIC+(+) always sounds pretty bad until you dial in tone and the GEQ.
Yep. Biggest part is the Bass knob. Turn it down to 1 or lower. It's fart city if it's up any higher unless your guitar has no low end of its own. My understanding is the Mark V and JP2C both use a different taper on the Bass knob so it tolerates higher settings compared to the older Mark amps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom