FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

Just finished sound check , Unfortunately output 2 volume has dropped dramatically compared to 3.01. I turned output 2 global eq gain to +12 and the op 2 knob is at 3:00 instead of 12:00

It is so much better and faster dialing a Preset from the knobs!

Now I don't miss AX8 knobs anymore, as Performance Pages is even better. :)

And I think it's the first (and maybe last) time FM3 gets an algorithm update before AX3.

It´s really feeling even better to play.

Thank you FAS.
Well, I talked too fast... Axe-Fx III received a Cygnus beta. :tearsofjoy:

However, FM3 users got some great features that was missing, and a bit of Cygnus magic.

Firmware Friday is Back! 🍾

Last edited:
If you have set output 2 as copy of one and then toggling output level from +4dBu to -10dBV (btw why there is a change of units here?)on output 2 there is no difference while output 1 does make a difference !

Now with 3.02 output 2 lost a lot of volume, I recognized it too and my external db Meter aswell, it is at -20dB when is set to max vol. before on 3.01 was around 0dB.

OUT 2 is always less loud than OUT 1, by design.
Except when you switch on Copy Out 1 to Out 2 in Setup > I/O > Audio.
Thanks, i know this but from experience at tonight's set up it has dropped a lot. Probably 20db.
I run mono and copy 1to2 , that's been my set up for 6 years.

Just updated! Sounds great!
I occasionally have the LED's on switches shut off since I installed this firmware. The switches still function like normal, but the LED's around some will shut off until I switch views and return.
For example, I'm running OMG9 (original layout version, haven't tried the new baked-right-in-to-the-FM3 version of OMG9), and if I go the effects layout then back to scenes, sometimes one of the scene switch's LED's (usually scene 4) are no longer illuminated. Clicking the scene 4 switch then makes it light up as normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

More about the LED-disappearing-thing...
That switch I described (top middle FC6 switch) for scene 4, is a Tap Tempo switch on my Effect layout. If I time my presses just right, I can get the "Scene 4" switch in my scenes layout to stay illuminated as long as I click the Scenes switch on the FM3 at the moment when the Tap Tempo switch on the Effects layout is illuminated. If switch to scenes while the Tap Tempo switch is greyed out, then the Scene 4 LEDs are missing.

my FR is at rehearsal space...I can’t check.
I am going there tomorrow........is Out 2 low volume ..for sure ?? I may have to back Rev.
Yek are you able to confirm this ? Thx

Since this is a Beta, we'd like it if some of you with an FC-6 could load the OMG9 from the FC RESET page and test it.

Hey Admin M@,

I loaded up this beta firmware and gave it and OMG9 a workout with my FC-6.

All seems well except that I'm getting the following behavior across all my presets:

-tap and hold down the middle "Scenes" footswitch on the FM3 to access the Scene 7 and 8 views on the FC6

When returning to the Scene home view (Scenes 1 thru 6 on the FC6) by tapping the middle "Scenes" footswitch on the FM3:

-the bottom right footswitch #3 on the FC6 isn't illuminated (should be dim red like the other 5) sometimes
-it stays dark until you tap Scene #3 on the FC6

Sometimes you can return to the Scene home view (Scenes 1 thru 6 on the FC6) and it is lit (dim red) but it, at times, flashes a couple of times and stays dark.

Maybe a 'timing' thing since, when in the Scene 7/8 view on the FC6, the bottom right/#3 switch is a Tap Tempo button which flashes when in that view and upon return usually blinks and goes dark????

I don't recall seeing this issue with OMG9 previous to this so I can't say for sure if this firmware/OMG9 reset is the culprit, but I did notice this behavior pretty quickly working my Scenes/presets on the FM3/FC6 today.

This happens when connected to FM3-Edit, FM3-Edit paused, and FM3 not running.

Aside from the unlit button on occasion all the Scene functions/footswitches work as intended; no issues with sound, etc.

EDIT:
-the issue seems to occur more when you're on/originating from Scene 1 or 2 then go to the Scene 7/8 view and back
-sometimes you have to select Scene 7 or 8, go between them, etc. and return to the home Scene view to get an unlit footswitch; this seems more prevalent when originating with Scenes 3 thru 6 selected

Last edited:
Hey Admin M@,

I loaded up this beta firmware and gave it and OMG9 a workout with my FC-6.

All seems well except that I'm getting the following behavior across all my presets:

-tap and hold down the middle "Scenes" footswitch on the FM3 to access the Scene 7 and 8 views on the FC6

When returning to the Scene home view (Scenes 1 thru 6 on the FC6) by tapping the middle "Scenes" footswitch on the FM3:

-the bottom right footswitch #3 on the FC6 isn't illuminated (should be dim red like the other 5) sometimes
-it stays dark until you tap Scene #3 on the FC6

Sometimes you can return to the Scene home view (Scenes 1 thru 6 on the FC6) and it is lit (dim red) but it, at times, flashes a couple of times and stays dark.

Maybe a 'timing' thing since, when in the Scene 7/8 view on the FC6, the bottom right/#3 switch is a Tap Tempo button which flashes when in that view and upon return usually blinks and goes dark????

I don't recall seeing this issue with OMG9 previous to this so I can't say for sure if this firmware/OMG9 reset is the culprit, but I did notice this behavior pretty quickly working my Scenes/presets on the FM3/FC6 today.

This happens when connected to FM3-Edit, FM3-Edit paused, and FM3 not running.

Aside from the unlit button on occasion all the Scene functions/footswitches work as intended; no issues with sound, etc.
AH I missed that...happens here too.
Also happens if you click out with the PRESET button for me.

I can't seem to see WHY this is happening when looking in the FC Controllers menu in FM3-Edit. ?

EDIT: also happens on the FM3 display (when messing with the views/layouts...def has to do with coming from a Tap Tempo function button (flashing) to solid...so I don't think it is due to the OMG9 but rather something else in the code.

Last edited:
Just updated! Sounds great!
I occasionally have the LED's on switches shut off since I installed this firmware.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, me too but I've only noticed it with the "Scenes" funtionality (see above) so far.

That switch I described (top middle FC6 switch) for scene 4, is a Tap Tempo switch on my Effect layout. If I time my presses just right, I can get the "Scene 4" switch in my scenes layout to stay illuminated as long as I click the Scenes switch on the FM3 at the moment when the Tap Tempo switch on the Effects layout is illuminated.

I also think this is related to the Tap Tempo functionality since I'm seeing this on my lower right footswitch which is set to Tap Tempo on another Scene view; you're seeing it similarly with Tap Tempo assigned to Scene 4.

I tried to work out the timing of the Tap Tempo flashing to return to another Scene view as well since I thought it might be related but didn't spend a ton of time trying to 'perfect' it (the dinner bell rang heh).

Haven't messed much with editing footswitches but I am currently and if I change function select to toggle in tap function and go back to select, the 2nd press = previous scene will turn on by itself and also if I toggle between two scenes they are backwards. Is this normal? Also if I go to another button it shows the name on it and the same name on the button next to it while in toggle mode.when I switch it back to scene from toggle the name next to it n the mini display disappears.

Last edited:
Haven't messed much with editing footswitches but I am currently and if I change function select to toggle in tap function and go back to select, the 2nd press = previous scene will turn on by itself and also if I toggle between two scenes they are backwards. Is this normal? Also if I go to another button it shows the name on it and the same name on the button next to it while in toggle mode.when I switch it back to scene from toggle the name next to it n the mini display disappears.
I am not sure if you will be able to toggle with prior scene set ti engage , because wouldn't the second press activate that
perhaps may have to set a hold to toggle second scene

Back
Top Bottom