Frustrated Screechy tone

BillBeale

Hi al.. I'm a newbie. I just received a unit and was so excited. I plugged it into my QSC 8.2 FRFR and was completely disappointed. As we all know its most likely user error. I then tried to plug into my effects return on my mesa boogie mk1 and even worse. I reset parameters per Customer Support but this thing screech and is so brittle. First has anyone had this and found a solution? I looked at the video Why does my tone suck by Leon. Did all the tweaks and still. I need some help folks. I really want this to work. It was a huge decision financially to treat myself to something nice. I am wonder if its the QSC Speaker. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
A real guitar cabinet maxes out around 8k, so start by using the high cut in your cab block. While your at it, use the low cut to around 80-120.

Is there a band that plays well with Fractal?

Lots of them: Metallica, Def Leppard, Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, King Crimson, Taylor Swift, etc.

Lots of bands that don't play well too: The Fart Knockers, Jimmy and the H-Street Basement Band, those guys who played the Jr. High talent show, those kids on YouTube whose dad works for an investment bank, etc.

I've used terrible rigs for monitoring. Used to plug into a keyboard amp from the 80's for the better part of a year back when I had an ultra. Speakers range from ideal to not quite as ideal, I've never experienced a situation where a monitoring rig kept me from getting something done. Your experience with the effects return of the mesa sounds EXACTLY like what I would expect if you had cab sims on, and the rest sounds like what someone might experience if the input level wasn't set properly, but that's hard to goof up with the axeIII, so I'm stumped. Check the gain staging from block to block?

Hi al.. I'm a newbie. I just received a unit and was so excited. I plugged it into my QSC 8.2 FRFR and was completely disappointed. As we all know its most likely user error. I then tried to plug into my effects return on my mesa boogie mk1 and even worse. I reset parameters per Customer Support but this thing screech and is so brittle. First has anyone had this and found a solution? I looked at the video Why does my tone suck by Leon. Did all the tweaks and still. I need some help folks. I really want this to work. It was a huge decision financially to treat myself to something nice. I am wonder if its the QSC Speaker. Any help would be appreciated.
Does the QSC speaker sound correct with other inputs like music playback?

Back
Top Bottom