FM3 Firmware Version 2.00 Public Beta 1

Archean Bright killed my FM3's sound as well instantly when switching to it from another preset, didn't even get to touch the Fat switch.

But holy flip, regular Archean model is awesome!

Attachments

• 409_Taranatirica.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 411_Fender Blues Jr.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 412_De Do Do Do - Police.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 413_Chain Gang Fender.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 428_Fender Blues Jr STRAT.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
Archeon bright fat switch is only problem I have found , when I turn on fat switch kills my sound,( no sound) did discover that if I flip it off and about 10 second ,my sound comes back.
New amps sound great and to my ear all the amps I have revisited sound better🤘🏻

That is very interesting, I posted earlier in the thread about a expression pedal controlling a volume block that crashed two presets whenever used. I was on an austin buddy ojai clean amp when i went to 2.0b (also put it in the bug section). The rest of the unit seemed to work fine. I rolled back to 1.06 and everything was fine, including the expression set up. I am going to delete the volume pedal setups from the presets in question in 1.06 then go to 2.0b and see if everything works. Then set up the expression pedal setups in 2.0......
might provide another clue as to what might be happening?
Havent experienced any of the other problems, but havent tried the new amps and dont use it for any usb recording or playback either, so cant comment.
update. After backup I deleted the volume block from the two presets that crashed when the expression pedal was used (via airstep channel 1 cc 1) and loaded in firmware 2.0b It seems to be fine, gonna play it for a while and see if there are any issues and then set the volume blocks and controllers up again.

update. After backup I deleted the volume block from the two presets that crashed when the expression pedal was used (via airstep channel 1 cc 1) and loaded in firmware 2.0b It seems to be fine, gonna play it for a while and see if there are any issues and then set the volume blocks and controllers up again.
further update....weird. I set up a volume block controlled by an expression pedal coming in on midi channel 1 cc 1 via and airstep. It works in 'slow motion'....very strange, as you operate the pedal the volume dial in the block jumps rather than moves smoothly, same for the display in the modifier window. While it is doing this the unit is frozen. No switches work and all meters freeze, once it has done this and got to the 'other end of the volume swwep the unit comes alive again and switches and audio work. Tried to explain this, but it might be clearer to watch the video. preset attached. all in 2.0b

ps I am trying to upload the video but it doesnt seem to be possible from my mac?

Attachments

• Slnky NB(2).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 1
Is anyone else having to boost your noise gate settings??
I did notice some weird volume drops when "chugging" or palm-muting on the low E string around the 3rd/4th frets using my Tele. I'll have to check the preset to see if I notice any patterns. Haven't tried anything with HBs yet.

I am having the Archeon issue as well. Rebooting is the only way to recover.

Can you be more descriptive? This is beta, and we are all beta testers if we choose to install and run "b" firmware.

For all the new people because I feel like it needs to be said every once in a while: We, Who Have Been Around Awhile, Welcome You (obviously not directed at @mikhael47, who has been around since 2011). Please understand that Open Beta testing isn't about complaining, it's about all of us agreeing (informally or otherwise) that by running beta code we are willing to deal with bugs and glitches and report them clearly in the furtherance of better code through the discovery of issues based on our individual use-cases, which are wildly varied. It's a win-win if we all understand that. We win by getting to see new features early and we also win by contributing to a better tomorrow. Fractal wins by getting far more data than it ever could contrive on its own.

This does not place on us (the end user) the expectation that we are all software engineers, but able to use clear and concise descriptive language to describe issues.

It's kinda like the patient-doctor relationship. Your doctor can't help you if you don't describe your issue.

Cheers!

After trying it out this morning I am unfortunately still experiencing the same random audio crackling/distortion when using the FM3 via usb as my input device in Ableton Live 10. Non existant when going output 1 into the inputs on my focusrite interface. I don’t know any one thing I am doing to trigger it, just seems to happen randomly for a few seconds while I'm playing. Not a total killer for my use but still an inconvenience

After trying it out this morning I am unfortunately still experiencing the same random audio crackling/distortion when using the FM3 via usb as my input device in Ableton Live 10. Non existant when going output 1 into the inputs on my focusrite interface. I don’t know any one thing I am doing to trigger it, just seems to happen randomly for a few seconds while I'm playing. Not a total killer for my use but still an inconvenience
What happens when you try a different USB cable?

I'm curious about the Archeon fat switch issue. On my end it just wipes out the bass when engaged but other people are posting that it kills the sound. Could this be a difference in older units and newer? CPU? Individual setups?

Reported in the bugs section also, but I'm still having the issue with the footswitches on the unit freezing up and becoming unresponsive, which was supposed to be addressed in this beta release. Everything else works fine - just the footswitches stop responding. Can happen on a click, or click+hold - doesn't seen to matter. Anyone else still having this issue?

Uploaded 2.0 Fm3 edit and fractal bot...everything is working accept I cannot edit my wah/amps or even pick an amp or cab. There are no words for the type of amp/wah/ cab on using I.e. 5153 red 100 or Clyde wah. And the block library won't show up either. Any suggestions?

further update....weird. I set up a volume block controlled by an expression pedal coming in on midi channel 1 cc 1 via and airstep. It works in 'slow motion'....very strange, as you operate the pedal the volume dial in the block jumps rather than moves smoothly, same for the display in the modifier window. While it is doing this the unit is frozen. No switches work and all meters freeze, once it has done this and got to the 'other end of the volume swwep the unit comes alive again and switches and audio work. Tried to explain this, but it might be clearer to watch the video. preset attached. all in 2.0b

ps I am trying to upload the video but it doesnt seem to be possible from my mac?
Here is the video if you’re interested. Will put in the bugs section as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fo95n0mbz1dwggb/Video 29-11-2020, 17 49 06.mp4?dl=0

Back
Top Bottom