Let's see those FM3 rigs!

I have re-purposed my AX8 rig enclosure from 2019 that had 4 expression pedal to fit the FM3, FC6 and 6 expression pedals. 6??? Hey, go big or go home--I can fade in and parameter adjust a handful of effects live. Rebuild just started last week and the 6 pedals are on a shelf (not painted yet) that sits above the two units. The new pedal shelf has to slide forward so I can get at the connection in the back to setup and tear down. Big Bertha II also has a full cover lid that covers the unit for transport. It is a bit of a beast to carry up and down stair cases.

If you get one of these: https://www.audiofront.net/MIDIExpression.php you could add another 4 expression pedals if you feel that you're lacking :cool:

I've updated my board with using the FasLink II port to power my wireless. At home I'm disconnecting the FasLink and using an external FC6 and a magnetic cable powering the Relay G10S through the micro usb port. There's 12V coming out of the FasLink port and I could probably run the Relay G10S just fine off that. And it was simple enough to add a power converter to get it down to 9V underneath.

A couple of rehearsals in and I'm amazed (as I'm sure a lot of you are) that I'm not missing more buttons. I was 100% convinced I would have to use the FC6 all the time. I still very much like it at home where I'm playing around more with different effects and similar. And for all my band needs I'm absolutely fine with using scenes for the absolutely majority of my needs. My typical setup is Scene 1/4, 2/5, 3/6 for the 3 buttons. Hold left button for Scene 7 (often a completely clean sound that I rarely use). Hold middle button to go to a menu where I can select presets, scenes and effects, hold right button for feedback simulator or other Lead tone effect. The two external buttons is tap/tuner to the right and cycle through the Scenes, Presets, Effects layouts on the left button. Works really really well.

Top right knob is my lead volume boost. In every band preset I have a GEQ block with the volume set between 0-8dB so when the knob is at noon there's a 4dB boost which is a good starting point for me.

I may still add some clear Barefoot switches and it would be nice to add some form of big, foot controllable knob for Output 2 (that I run to my CLR). I will probably put some tape on the power converter underneath to seal it off as well. And beyond that, I'm feeling pretty much done at this point. Loving the FM3.

View attachment 71536
View attachment 71537View attachment 71538
Getting my FM3 tomorrow, and reading through this thread...was there a thread explaining how you re-purposed the FASlink connector for power to your wireless? Fascinating..

I have re-purposed my AX8 rig enclosure from 2019 that had 4 expression pedal to fit the FM3, FC6 and 6 expression pedals. 6??? Hey, go big or go home--I can fade in and parameter adjust a handful of effects live. Rebuild just started last week and the 6 pedals are on a shelf (not painted yet) that sits above the two units. The new pedal shelf has to slide forward so I can get at the connection in the back to setup and tear down. Big Bertha II also has a full cover lid that covers the unit for transport. It is a bit of a beast to carry up and down stair cases.

That is both expressive and impressive! :) Well done!

Kirk Hammett? Is that you? :D

Hi there!
Quick total newbie question: I'm about to get this board (https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1331191214-pedal-board-80x40-supreme-_JM)
and I'd like to know if I can tuck the Shure GLXD receiver in the compartment under the board, in order to save space.
This is what I have to put on top
IMG-20201105-WA0003.jpeg

If I could tuck the receiver beneath, without signal problems, I'd get the 80 cm x 30 cm board, instead of the 80x40.
1604876123130.png

Last edited:
So for everyone who uses a Temple board. (I'm looking at the Duo 24) Does the board fit in the Temple bag/carrying case with the FM3 mounted?

So for everyone who uses a Temple board. (I'm looking at the Duo 24) Does the board fit in the Temple bag/carrying case with the FM3 mounted?
I’ve got the Duo 34 with FM3 and FC 6 +2 mission expression petals mounted, and it fits in the temple bag with no problem at all. I don’t have the temple hard case, so I cannot speak to that.

I’ve got the Duo 34 with FM3 and FC 6 +2 mission expression petals mounted, and it fits in the temple bag with no problem at all. I don’t have the temple hard case, so I cannot speak to that.

Thanks, That's what I needed to know. I have My FM3 & Expression pedal. My in-ears unit is s little smaller than the FM3, so it should work great. One board for every gig.....

Yamg09, no, it's the GB01 small version. I used the medium one with an AX8 and there was still room for a crybaby wah + expression pedal right next to the Fractal unit. Depending on your needs I'd say that the small one easily will fit the bill :)

Yes, absolutely no problem with the lid. I even have several cables on top of the FM3 and the lid still closes (although it gets a little tight if you have too many cables). And if you need more space in the case you could remove the small feet on the inside board of the GB01. That will give you 1-1½ centimeters.

I remember seeing that somewhere here, but cant find it now. You guys who mounted your fm3 directly to the pedalboard, M3.5-0.6 x 16mm is the screw size to change the stock one, and that is going to work and not damage anything?

So earlier I posted the following rig that I had put together for my FM3/FC6/Shure Wireless:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm3-rigs.158779/post-1957455

After building a couple of similar boxes for friends, I decided to try a new approach to improve ventilation and offer a little more space for cable management. This updated version is working great for me so far, and actually ended up a few oz lighter than the original.

A77A1A56-29AF-4517-A0BD-F8C60F8C6620.JPG
The rubber edging was an Amazon find, and a great one. This stuff is awesome.

BC2DD41B-E739-4DD8-9BD8-ACE130C82DC4.JPG
XLR connections have been recessed so they're flat with the back edge.

B42F1166-2B80-4ECC-8B6E-4ADF9804D6DE.JPG
BTPA panels 4 lyfe.

F31EA53A-75EE-4571-BFF1-05BEAD72DDC2.JPG
A happy fractal family.

Back
Top Bottom