Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Scene 1/4, 2/5, 3/6 is my default setup as well. I assume you hold either button 1 or 3 to get to Scene 8 (I hold 1 to get to Scene 7), such a great, flexible setup.
I just had scene 8 there as a leftover from when I built the patch. I’ve since deleted it. I just use the 6 main scenes. The two button switch gets me from scenes to effects and to the tuner.

I've got mine on a Metro 20. The FM-3 has about an 1/4" overhang on the front and back. Fits in the bag like it should. There's just enough room to squeeze a Morningstar Mc-6 in there in front of the H9.View attachment 66720

How are you "Metro" guys fastening the FM3 to the board? I have a Metro 16 that I really like (and I already use a larger bag). I have some OCD issues with the "overhang" but I think I could get over it. I would love to reuse my current Metro 16 which could house the FM3 + Dunlop mini expression.

How are you "Metro" guys fastening the FM3 to the board? I have a Metro 16 that I really like (and I already use a larger bag). I have some OCD issues with the "overhang" but I think I could get over it. I would love to reuse my current Metro 16 which could house the FM3 + Dunlop mini expression.
I've since moved mine on for the Axe III, but I took the rubber feet off and used Dual-Lock. I could pick the whole board up by the FM-3... it wasn't going anywhere. I actually made a sandwich of three pieces of Dual-Lock just to give it a little elevation for air flow.

Latest video running through my current temple audio board (mounted with longer screws), a Big Sky, and Stand in switch.

very nice rig, I like it a lot! how are the fm3 and the big sky powered? I have the same setup with a Timeline and want to get rid of using a wallwart.

I've since moved mine on for the Axe III, but I took the rubber feet off and used Dual-Lock. I could pick the whole board up by the FM-3... it wasn't going anywhere. I actually made a sandwich of three pieces of Dual-Lock just to give it a little elevation for air flow.

Might try that, need to order some dual lock from Amazon.

very nice rig, I like it a lot! how are the fm3 and the big sky powered? I have the same setup with a Timeline and want to get rid of using a wallwart.
sorry just saw this. Currently I am using a CIOKS Big John. It's perfect for this setup and powers the FM3, Big Sky, and the Shure wireless. Previously I had a voodoo lab ISO 5 which was great but I had to power the FM3 separately.

Welp, got the FM3 simply velcro'd right to the Metro 16. I fits fine and at home of course I'm not moving anything. When it's in the bag I use it won't have room to slide off and should be just fine for a gig. I kind of like it and will probably skip the dual lock altogether (feet are still attached BTW). My Mosky dual switch fits perfectly and is amazing and I have room for a single pedal... I have my Timmy clone in to show the space, but thinking about one single external pedal that would be a great fit for the rig? What do you think?
I'd love to have one great analog pedal that is actually battery powered, then I could ditch the CS6. In the back of my mind I'm thinking what I could use but the damn FM3 has so much! I actually have one switch on the Mosky dedicated to Rotary right now, that is my "spice effect". All other tones/FX are done with scenes. I haven't setup my Dunlop mini expression, but that can do WAH and other stuff as well.
I was thinking maybe a booteek EP pre or something? Always on, or just adding a touch of analog goodness?
File_000.jpeg

Last edited:

View attachment 69780

View attachment 69781
Complete with Cable Condo™ pedal riser. :grinning:

View attachment 69782
Plz don't judge my box joints. I am a v novice carpenter. :smilecat:

View attachment 69783
I still need to re-foam this for optimal fit, but you get the picture.

View attachment 69784
Finally, this arrangement allows me to easily detach the unit to swap it to my amp rig to be used as an effects unit. I freakin love this thing.

Lol forget rigs, little do most know that the key to unlocking the true potential of the FM3 is the correct RUG.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom