FM3 Firmware Release Version 1.06

Hi there,

I'm a first time Fractal Firmware updater :)
One question, after upgrading to firmware 1.06 from 1.05 (which my unit was shipped with like most others) all went well. I decided to go to utilities and clear all preset data so I could update all factory preset banks based on 1.06. On completion of clearing all presets, the screen on my FM3 just went blank and that is where it sat until I powered off my FM3 and back on again, then I could see all presets were empty.
Should the unit just not go back to preset view showing all presets empty once clear all presets has completed?
Is this a bug with 1.06 or normal? if normal, then shouldn't there be a message instead advising to power off the unit and back on like the firmware update does? Just curious.

Thanks.

Hi there,

One question, after upgrading to firmware 1.06 from 1.05 (which my unit was shipped with like most others) all went well. I decided to go to utilities and clear all preset data so I could update all factory preset banks based on 1.06. On completion of clearing all presets, the screen on my FM3 just went blank and that is where it sat until I powered off my FM3 and back on again, then I could see all presets were empty.
Should the unit just not go back to preset view showing all presets empty once clear all presets has completed?
Is this a bug with 1.06 or normal? if normal, then shouldn't there be a message instead advising to power off the unit and back on like the firmware update does? Just curious.

Thanks.
Happened to me as well. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature :-D

FM3 firmware version 1.06 is now available for download:

Please install the NEW FACTORY PRESETS designed for firmware 1.06. Find them below:

A new version of FM3-Edit is also available:

Release Notes:
• Fixed Pitch block Mix overriding custom settings.​
• Fixed Pitch block Custom Scale number not displaying correctly.​
• Fixes and improvements related to USB audio artifacts and buffering.​
• Third party MIDI “STATUS DUMP” command will now return the correct data.​
• Fixed some Presets freezing on startup.​
• Corrected default Negative Feedback for Deluxe Verb models.​
• Fixed PC Mapping not always loading designated scene.​
• MIDI Looper CC commands will now function properly after a power cycle.​
• Fix Contour parameter not working in Drive block for Shred Distortion type.​
• Align Plex block with Axe-Fx III.​
• Input 1 Source setting will no longer affect Input 2.​
• Improved modifier performance for external controllers (Wah “zippering”).​
• Improved performance of modifiers attached to Amp and Delay blocks.​
• FC: FC-6 and FM3 will now wrap Views correctly within Layout 9 (the “Master Layout Menu”).​
• Scene Revert will now take effect for scene changes via MIDI CC messages.​
• Removed “Diffusion” parameters from the Delay blocks due to CPU constraints.​
Great news but will the new firmware affect the presets of the Austin Buddys Goldpack? I am just asking as you write to reinstall the factory presets.

The "Global Volume Setup" continues to be broken for me. Hasn't this affected anyone else? Here's my Wed post:

The "GLOBAL VOLUME SETUP" seems to be broken with this update for me. I checked my "Setup > Midi ... > Other > Output 1 Volume" and it indicates the right thing -- i.e. "FC 1 Pedal 2". I can even use the "learn" button, and it detects this same thing, correctly. But when using the pedal the volume does not change.

After reading the forums, I braced myself for potential hiccups but I’ve had mine for a couple of days and 0 issues with 1.06 so far. Friggin’ love this thing even more than the AX8 I had a few years ago.

Last edited:
The "Global Volume Setup" continues to be broken for me. Hasn't this affected anyone else? Here's my Wed post:

The "GLOBAL VOLUME SETUP" seems to be broken with this update for me. I checked my "Setup > Midi ... > Other > Output 1 Volume" and it indicates the right thing -- i.e. "FC 1 Pedal 2". I can even use the "learn" button, and it detects this same thing, correctly. But when using the pedal the volume does not change.
i'll check this and report it if i can confirm. thanks!

After reading the forums, I braced myself for potential hiccups but I’ve had mine for a couple of days and 0 issues with 1.06 so far. Friggin’ love this thing even more than the AX8 I had a few years ago.
I have gigged mine about 6 times this year (which is really good considering) with no problems at all.

Started having an issue with music over USB when I updated to FW 1.06 today (from FW 1.05). With USB connected to my laptop, I would receive music (through USB IN 1 & 2) then experience occasional dropouts (no signal on the Meters page for USB 1 & 2), about a few times within an hour. Seems like powering off-then-on the FM3 would get music playing again, but only temporarily. I did restart my laptop which did not solve the problem. All is the same as before with no new updates (Macbook Pro), no change in software for music playback, no change in selection of the USB port, no change in the cable used to connect them together, and no change in speaker playback, as I can recall. I have not had this type of issue before on FW 1.05 . When I updated back to FW 1.05 earlier today, seems like the problem was fixed and did not experienced that issue again. Hope that this can be resolved soon.

Thank you so much for the listening ear, hard work, and many updates from everyone at Fractal Audio. I really do enjoy the FM3 and appreciate the community support. Thanks!
i let music play from my 16" MBP for 5 hours straight through the FM3 via USB. no dropouts or any issues.

i'd again confirm that you installed the release version of 1.06. hard to say. majority of users with 1.06 are saying their USB audio issues were solved with the release. let us know and we'll continue to help!

Reactions: CML
With my 1.06 update, I exported all 3 user presets I have created myself from scratch on my FM3 (Albeit across these three presets are 20 scenes that cover all the tones I ever wanted lol) Imported them back in and all working perfectly. I will say my presets are pretty basic. It is fantastic to own a piece of equipment that can be updated to introduce new features but the amount of features, amps, cabs (without any custom added cabs) already present in the FM3 is for me mind boggling. I can't seem to venture away from the 3 presets I've created which are based around the amps I've dreamt of owning and the experience playing them on this platform is both addictive and inspiring which is a deadly combo for sleep deprivation !!!!

Hi there,

Thanks.

I had something similar that posted in a previous thread and Cliff answered. I was clearing about 20 presets through axe manage and screen went blank on FM3 And froze. Cliff mentioned it could have been I was on a heavy cpu preset when I cleared causing a freeze. Just an FYI, and it was a good explanation of what might have happened. I was on 1.05 at the time.

First time this happened to me yesterday: I had the FM3 sitting idle for a few hours, when I came back, the foot switches didn't do anything. I didn't try anything else, just rebooted and it was fine. I did have FM3 Edit running at the same time, but forgot to check whether it would have worked. Just a FYI.

Back
Top Bottom