IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
Hey Justin ...... any chance on getting an AC20 Deluxe IR pack in the near future? Preferably with an Alnico Gold or Blue?
I’d have to see if any of my friends have one I could borrow. I have an Alnico Gold that would sound great in that cab, too. But for the 1x12 Blue thing, I’m really happy with the VX15 pack.

Hey Justin, not sure if you posted it earlier in the thread. Didn't see it, but love the mix here and the IR in use. Definitely picking it up.

Thanks! I didn’t post it in this thread, so thanks for doing that. It probably makes more sense to have it hear in case people want to hear the cab.

Wow this sounds supreme
Which preset and mix are you using @York Audio I am buying the pack now definitely !
Thanks, I’m glad you liked it. The preset is pretty basic. I’m not in front of the unit at the moment, but it was the SLO Lead with the gain low around 2-2.5, presence around 5.5, and master around 4.7 with the 4x12 Brit Greenback impedance curve. I think I used the MRSH M25 Mix 02 or Mix 08 for this one.

The clean part was the JTM 45 with some delay and the Stratocumulus reverb.

Lead part was the same SLO settings, but using Mix 01. Flanger with close to default settings, delay, some London Plate reverb.

I also used a real Mesa DC-5 head into the Fractal X-Load for the right side of the rhythm guitars and used MixIR2 for the IR loader in my DAW for that tone.

Hey Justin! Have you ever considered doing any Friedman cabs? Or if not, do any of your existing cab packs come really close to them?
I’d love to do a Friedman cab. I almost made the MRSH M25 Pack an M25/V30 combo, but thought it would make more sense to shoot a Friedman instead. I’m looking forward to getting one of those.

@York Audio created in a different post a match of Phil X youtube Friedman Demo.

Sounds damn awesome to my ears!

Thanks Rafa. My playing is offensive compared to Phil X, but it’s a fun tone.

I’d love to do a Friedman cab. I almost made the MRSH M25 Pack an M25/V30 combo, but thought it would make more sense to shoot a Friedman instead. I’m looking forward to getting one of those.

Thanks Rafa. My playing is offensive compared to Phil X, but it’s a fun tone.
You got a hell of a tone nailing it ...
That’s the important bit isn’t it?

I'd love to see a 6G4 and a 6G12 with alnico Jensens. Currently using BF 2x10 and 4x10 IRs for these, but those are ceramic magnet speakers....

I’d have to see if any of my friends have one I could borrow. I have an Alnico Gold that would sound great in that cab, too. But for the 1x12 Blue thing, I’m really happy with the VX15 pack.
I actually just bought that pack to try out .... that Gold would be the JAM though!!! Here's to hoping you could find someone to let you borrow. Where are you located? I have been thinking about buying an AC20 Deluxe setup just to have the real amp ..... if you're close, ya know ..... I could let you borrow.

Hey Justin! Have you ever considered doing any Friedman cabs? Or if not, do any of your existing cab packs come really close to them?
I have a special delivery coming on Monday that I think will make you happy. ;)

I'd love to see a 6G4 and a 6G12 with alnico Jensens. Currently using BF 2x10 and 4x10 IRs for these, but those are ceramic magnet speakers....
The 1959 Bassman 4x10 I’m working on has alnico Jensens (pretty sure they’re alnico by appearance). I think you’ll really like it.

I actually just bought that pack to try out .... that Gold would be the JAM though!!! Here's to hoping you could find someone to let you borrow. Where are you located? I have been thinking about buying an AC20 Deluxe setup just to have the real amp ..... if you're close, ya know ..... I could let you borrow.
I hope you’re liking the VX15 so far. I’m in Nashville. If I can’t find one in town and you end up getting an AC20, I’d be down to borrow it. Just don’t know what kind of drive that is, but I’m sure we could work it out.

I hope you’re liking the VX15 so far. I’m in Nashville. If I can’t find one in town and you end up getting an AC20, I’d be down to borrow it. Just don’t know what kind of drive that is, but I’m sure we could work it out.

Oh man, I am just down in Birmingham(well, Pelham actually .... about 18 miles south of B'ham). Nashville isn't too terrible of a drive at all! Is that Gold you have a 16ohm or 8ohm?

My birthday is Tuesday, so perfect timing!!
Looking forward to this pack! Cheers Justin.
I never buy new cabs, but hopefully this one won’t take super long to break in. The Zilla took FOREVER before it started sounding right.

Oh man, I am just down in Birmingham(well, Pelham actually .... about 18 miles south of B'ham). Nashville isn't too terrible of a drive at all! Is that Gold you have a 16ohm or 8ohm?
Oh that’s not far at all. We’ll definitely need to touch base if you end up getting one. My Gold is the 8 ohm version.

The 1959 Bassman 4x10 I’m working on has alnico Jensens (pretty sure they’re alnico by appearance). I think you’ll really like it.
That's cool, but the cab and baffle are very different, and will impart different resonances into the capture than the 2x10 6G4 or 4x10 6G12 cabs. IIRC, the 4x10 Bassman baffle was rather thin plywood attached at two ends, and likes to sing along. :)

I never buy new cabs, but hopefully this one won’t take super long to break in. The Zilla took FOREVER before it started sounding right.

Oh that’s not far at all. We’ll definitely need to touch base if you end up getting one. My Gold is the 8 ohm version.

Oh man .... The Morgan is so confusing. The newer specs say that it takes a single 16ohm speaker load OR 2 8ohm cabs loaded. But ... the one I am fixing to get just has a single 8ohm jack and a single 16ohm jack on the back, unlike the newer models with a single 16ohm and 2 8ohm jacks wired in series. So I have NO IDEA whether a single 8ohm will work with it or not, lol

Oh man .... The Morgan is so confusing. The newer specs say that it takes a single 16ohm speaker load OR 2 8ohm cabs loaded. But ... the one I am fixing to get just has a single 8ohm jack and a single 16ohm jack on the back, unlike the newer models with a single 16ohm and 2 8ohm jacks wired in series. So I have NO IDEA whether a single 8ohm will work with it or not, lol
Oh it’s fine no matter what speaker comes in it. I don’t use the “head” portion of combo amps anyway for shooting IRs, so the amp’s ohm rating doesn’t matter. As long as the cab itself sounds good, the IRs will translate. :)

Oh it’s fine no matter what speaker comes in it. I don’t use the “head” portion of combo amps anyway for shooting IRs, so the amp’s ohm rating doesn’t matter. As long as the cab itself sounds good, the IRs will translate. :)
Ahhhh, I gotcha!!! Yeah, its a separate head/cab setup with a Morgan 1x12 open back cab

well, it should be here by next Wednesday. So just let me know if you want to use it to get that Gold IR shot.

I have a special delivery coming on Monday that I think will make you happy. ;)

totally buying that friedman IR pack in the future.
They have been one of my favourite discoveries of the past decade regarding awesome sounding cabs.

@York Audio Is there any way I can convince you to get a Fredman Digital original "fredman clip" to add to your IR offerings?
https://fredmandigital.com/products/fredman-clip

I remember him saying that he made his official one because every other one out there (and people trying to do it by eye)
always get the mic angle wrong

totally buying that friedman IR pack in the future.
They have been one of my favourite discoveries of the past decade regarding awesome sounding cabs.

@York Audio Is there any way I can convince you to get a Fredman Digital original "fredman clip" to add to your IR offerings?
https://fredmandigital.com/products/fredman-clip

I remember him saying that he made his official one because every other one out there (and people trying to do it by eye)
always get the mic angle wrong
I just ordered it. It’s pricy for a mic clip, but I’m excited to see what it brings to the table. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom