Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is an axe edit bug or a firmware bug, but when using the downtuned option on the tuner setup page its actually going up in semitones. I tried it with multiple presets and its still happening with any im testing it with.
Has anyone else experienced this?

That Virtual Capo in 12.08 is too much fun!
Going through the Blues changes with the Virtual Capo...
Just set up 3 scenes: 1) basic rock tone, 2) PITCH +5, 3) PITCH +7
And just start tapdancing :) while your hand is doing the same thing... had a blast

Could we have a screenshot of the pitch block settings?

I'm not sure if this is an axe edit bug or a firmware bug, but when using the downtuned option on the tuner setup page its actually going up in semitones. I tried it with multiple presets and its still happening with any im testing it with.
What is “going up”? If your string is tuned to E, then you change the tuner to down tune 1 semitone, a string tuned to Actual E will register as F because it’s set down 1 semitone.

what are your expectations when changing the tuner downtune option?

That's the way it's supposed to work.

Listen people:
Before you go running into the streets yelling "Possible Bug!!!!" read the friggin' manual first.

Think about it. The Axe doesn't magically tune your guitar for you. Tune the string so the tuner now says E & you will have Eb, exactly as it is designed to work.

That's the way it's supposed to work.

Listen people:
Before you go running into the streets yelling "Possible Bug!!!!" read the friggin' manual first.
My bad, i haven't really messed with the tuner setup page much before, so ill give the manual a read through on that. My current patch has the virtual capo on it at -3 so i was thinking that was how it'd work to set it up for that.
Thanks a ton for all the amazing improvements! Especially all the new studio compressors, the fb1 with the sidechain on the low end is monstrous for low tuned stuff!

My bad, i haven't really messed with the tuner setup page much before, so ill give the manual a read through on that. My current patch has the virtual capo on it at -3 so i was thinking that was how it'd work to set it up for that.
Thanks a ton for all the amazing improvements! Especially all the new studio compressors, the fb1 with the sidechain on the low end is monstrous for low tuned stuff!
the virtual capo is not tied to the Tuner. the Tuner downtune feature offsets the results the tuner shows when actually tuning the guitar. it has no relation to what a preset might be doing with a virtual capo. the strings on the guitar are tuned to actual "physical" notes and the Tuner interprets that. separate from that, a virtual capo in a preset might alter the resulting sound, but the guitar itself hasn't changed, and the Tuner always represents what the actual guitar is doing.

if you're using virtual capo, there is no need to change any Tuner setting.

just confirming this is not a bug. back to my break :D

Think about it. The Axe doesn't magically tune your guitar for you. Tune the string so the tuner now says E & you will have Eb, exactly as it is designed to work.
I know it wont tune it for me thatd be crazy! What was happening was i have the virtual capo set at -3 so i was thinking itd set it up to read like that so my d# would show up as a C to match what the virtual capo is doing, but it went up to f# and thats what threw me off. I usually leave the tuner up so i can see what notes im hitting during writing. So it was 6 semitones higher on the tuner compared to where it was at with the virtual capo.

I know it wont tune it for me thatd be crazy! What was happening was i have the virtual capo set at -3 so i was thinking itd set it up to read like that so my d# would show up as a C to match what the virtual capo is doing, but it went up to f# and thats what threw me off. I usually leave the tuner up so i can see what notes im hitting during writing. So it was 6 semitones higher on the tuner compared to where it was at with the virtual capo.
For what you want, you need to set it to up-tune, if it will do that. If you set it to down-tune 1 semitone, the E will now read F until you retune the string.

the tuner monitors what the actual strings are doing, not what the virtual capo is changing. since the tuner monitors the axe input (the guitar directly), it can't show you the results of a pitch effect in a preset.

More like this?

fish-bass-guitar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom