Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.08 Public Beta 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The virtual capo is awesome !!!

A new level of flexibility...ready to play along at any time in the required tuning with only one additional block and no more annoying guitar adjustments due to different guitar tunings :cool::cool::cool:!!!

Thanks Cliff & FAS team !!!

I did a quick reboot of the iMac, interface and III and it has not happened again. But I only had 5-10 minutes to play around with it. I will hopefully have more time later today and tomorrow to explore more and see if it comes back.

Really loving the new pitch stuff. Awesome update!
I’m using SPDIF and played for about an hour - didn’t notice anything but will keep an ear out.

i haven't updated yet, so i can't view the preset, but my brain says check the input source of the pitch block. if you're running the synth into the pitch, then check it's set to block input and not input 1. if that's not it, then try the fixed shifter and see if it's any different.
Hi Simeon, I do have the input source set to "Block In" and I tried some other Pitch versions as you suggested. No luck, but, while I was messing with those settings I went back to the VC and turned tracking mode to "off" and that seems to have cleared up the weirdness.

Ahh... I was just coming to post about that. Really odd beating/warbling when playing 1st inversion major chords... Didn't try minor.

There's a tune I wrote originally on my baritone... So I tried it with Virtual Capo set to -4. The 2 primary chords in the progression are F#/A and G#/B (relative to standard tuning). It did not sound pleasant :(
Try turning off tracking mode in the VC and see if that helps. It helped mine.

Ahh... I was just coming to post about that. Really odd beating/warbling when playing 1st inversion major chords... Didn't try minor.

There's a tune I wrote originally on my baritone... So I tried it with Virtual Capo set to -4. The 2 primary chords in the progression are F#/A and G#/B (relative to standard tuning). It did not sound pleasant :(
All pitch shifters do this. Try D/F#. It'll warble like crazy. The problem is that the autocorrelation "frequency" is poorly defined and there's no real pitch to lock on to.

cliff says in the release notes - Improved Intelligent Pitch Shifter algorithm. This applies to all Pitch types except Dual and Quad Detune or when the Tracking Mode is set to “Off”.

All pitch shifters do this. Try D/F#. It'll warble like crazy. The problem is that the autocorrelation "frequency" is poorly defined and there's no real pitch to lock on to.
Ok, thanks!

The latency and other improvements are still quite nice... I'll stick to the baritone for this one :)

As everyone has noted, amazing upgrade of the pitch block. I had a Bryan Adams Run to you patch that had the VC bumping up to F#. It had so much latency before and now sounds so much better. I still get very minor latency that I can notice, but its really nitpicking and most listeners wouldn't percieve it at all. Bravo Fractal Team!

where can i find the download? when i go to page it only has 12.07
my fractbot isn't finding it?
please help thanks

where can i find the download? when i go to page it only has 12.07
my fractbot isn't finding it?
please help thanks
in Firmware Update threads like this, the first post usually has the link. Beta versions are not posted on the main website. this is given to us directly from the developers here on the forum.

but when i download it i'm only getting documents & pdf, nothing to unzip
it's possible your browser is automatically unzipping the folder. you should see 3 files in the folder:
Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 11.09.34 AM.png

the .syx file is what you send to Fractal Bot.

i recorded a video showing how to backup and update the Axe3 and FM3. i just need to edit it. i'll post it when it's done maybe tomorrow.

Used the Virtual Capo for the first time tonight. Nice! Seamless, quick pitch shifting, no muss, no fuss, no bother.

I found another trick for it besides shifting overall pitch: artificial 2nd harmonic enhancement. Dialed in an octave, rolled the mix level back to 17%, and found a wonderful "welcome to the jangle" rhythm tone with my #1 Strat, chorused into stereo via the Japan CE-2.

Lead track is my "Almost Clean" Mk IIC+ sound with the T808 input boost set at 12db. Bass is my OLP Stingray through an SVT2 and 8x10 SV Bass cab.

Whipped up a quick demo:

Great job, Cliff!

K, so the beginning bit wasn't a random chunk of something out of one of my old songs, a bunch of bloozy noodling, or a classic rock cover. It stuck in my head, and I woke up with a few ideas to expand upon it. Grabbed the SE 245 and played the rhythm bits with the octave mixed in at around 23%, then tracked a bass track with my new favorite bass sound (the SVT2/8x10 SV combo) and a bunch of tracks on top of that with the SE24 Standard, and I have a whole new song. Another song waiting for me to write lyrics. Thanks @2112 and @FractalAudio - I have yet another song to write lyrics for. :D

Last edited:
I have to agree with everything that has been said on here already. The pitch was already hugely improved in beta 1 now it’s just ridiculously good. This team just keeps delivering. With every firmware update there comes a ton of praises from all of us and you could argue that it gets a little cliche but I really think we need to to indulge our gratitude. These things mean a lot to us, there are always really important improvements to an already amazing product which simply allow us to do more and more. And while I’m praising Cliff and the rest of the Fractal team, let me just say thanks to all of you on this forum. I’ve only had my Axe FX 3 since January and your combined willingness to help and offer advice has helped me immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom