[fixed] Tone Match export sounds nothing like Tone Match block. Help?

Karl Houseknecht

Power User
Tone Matched an electric guitar to a recording of my mic'd acoustic. Sounds great. Export to a user cab, use IR player to load the user cab. Sounds horrible. Nothing like the Tone Match block itself. What am I doing wrong?

By the way this acoustic sim is gorgeous

Thanks! I literally just plopped a large diaphragm condenser in front of my Taylor 214ce Deluxe. It's a great sounding guitar. We normally have a dedicated acoustic player or tracks to cover for it, but this week we have neither of those things and we're short a second electric player too. Trying to cover lots of bases myself.

Thanks! I literally just plopped a large diaphragm condenser in front of my Taylor 214ce Deluxe. It's a great sounding guitar. We normally have a dedicated acoustic player or tracks to cover for it, but this week we have neither of those things and we're short a second electric player too. Trying to cover lots of bases myself.
I love it, can i keep it ?

IIRC you can't create a preset with a TM block, turn the power off and then back on and then go to that preset and export the TM.

So are we saying that the preset I posted doesn't contain the tone match data, but that the acoustic sim actually sounds good without it? That's...strange. :D

Back
Top Bottom