What do you want video demos of?

hippietim

Axe-Master
I was thinking I could do a video or two of the FC6. But it occurred to me that I have no idea what would be useful. Out of the box, the FC is configured with default layouts. I don't think I use any of the layouts as-is at all.

I would think that folks would want to see specific behaviors and/or ways to configure the FC.

So what would y'all like to see a demo of?

For me, nothing specific. I mainly just wanna see it "in the wild." If you would share how you personally use it, that'd be helpful. Thanks!

I would like to see switching between layouts and just some of the creative things people can do with one. I think I have an idea how I'll set mine up, but maybe somebody has a more efficient or clever method that I haven't considered.

I would like to see switching between layouts and just some of the creative things people can do with one. I think I have an idea how I'll set mine up, but maybe somebody has a more efficient or clever method that I haven't considered.
Same for me. Thanks Tim!

I would like to see if any limitations the FC-6 might come up against having an FC-12, any and all ways to overcome those limitations.

I just got home and took a very shaky cell phone video of me tuning my headless Kiesel. I dropped it way flat and tuned too high and back forth a bit to show how fast it is. I have a crap ton of stuff to do now and rehearsal later so this is all I can do for now.

I would like to see if any limitations the FC-6 might come up against having an FC-12, any and all ways to overcome those limitations.

This is going to be dependent on your needs and scenarios. The FC 6 and 12 have identical capabilities and the exact same number of external switch and pedals. So the only difference is the number of switches on the unit itself. A lot of things can be “overcome” by using hold functions and/or per-preset overrides. But to really do this request any justice you’re really going to need to be more explicit about what you are trying to overcome.

Basically, there are 9 layouts at your disposal. Layout 9, the MLM, has a special way to always load it. So with that in mind, you need to be able to do all of your switching within those “constraints” (keeping in mind that every preset can override up to 24 functions across all layouts).

Well, there’s the @yek MLM. That’s clever tip #1.

I’ll try and put something together - probably not tonight though. I’m in the midst of rebuilding gig patches and redoing my FC layouts anyhow so maybe I’ll record some of my meandering.

I understand. I am, however, afraid my needs will grow with time, knowledge and experience. I just wonder at what point would I wish I had the 12, if ever.

I am interested in the axe edit interface. I plan to have a few pages for changing between presets, changing scenes, and IA for switching effects on / off and between channels. I have to tweak my presets weekly as we do new songs each week and I'm very bad at saving things! So I have to edit the layout frequently.

BTW I like the tuner response. Cool.

I understand. I am, however, afraid my needs will grow with time, knowledge and experience. I just wonder at what point would I wish I had the 12, if ever.

Get the 12. Better to have the extra buttons and not use them rather than only have 6 and need more. I've never regretted getting more but always regretted getting less and wishing I had more.

Basically, there are 9 layouts at your disposal. Layout 9, the MLM, has a special way to always load it. So with that in mind, you need to be able to do all of your switching within those “constraints” (keeping in mind that every preset can override up to 24 functions across all layouts).
This is the kind of stuff I'd want to see, especially the ways to do overrides - I'd probably end up using different custom layouts on almost every preset I create, so understanding more about it - how layouts work, how easy they are to set up, etc - will help me decide if the FC would be the right choice.

I'm still not interested in using hold functions for anything that has to happen real-time, or having to change layout pages just to get to some other effect / scene selection / etc. I've been using hold for x/y switching lately on my AX8 because as we learn new songs I'm trying to get my current presets to do too much, but I never like using it. I also prefer my switches to activate on the down-tap and so I don't even want the hold function active.

You can't have custom layouts per-preset, you can have custom switches that are defined by the preset. So Layout 1 could be all per-preset switches that are defined when you load a preset. It's still Layout 1 though.
Thanks for the clarification, I used the terminology incorrectly. I meant what you described with per-preset switches.

Back
Top Bottom