Help - Atomic Reactor 50 Sounds Bassy and Not Clear

it's probably no difference. the XLR output on the CLR was designed exactly for that. but personally, i always prefer to send anything the Source signal, and not a pass-through like on the CLR.

you should try both and see what you prefer. if it's easier to plug into the CLR for the house feed, then use that. but make sure you know if the knobs on the CLR affect that signal.
I am still having the surge problem on all patches. I even ran it through a power amp and regular PA cab and still there .

I am still having the surge problem on all patches. I even ran it through a power amp and regular PA cab and still there .
at this point i feel we need to hear what "surge problem" sounds like for ourselves.

can you make a video with a cell phone or just an audio recording somehow? if you're not familiar with that, can anyone help you out?

at this point i feel we need to hear what "surge problem" sounds like for ourselves.

can you make a video with a cell phone or just an audio recording somehow? if you're not familiar with that, can anyone help you out?
one more thing . Do you know what and how to open a syx file ?

If I am giging. I use the powered cab behind me. So is it better to run front of house from the cab or from the AX8 ?
Shouldn't make any difference in sound. I prefer to run separate outputs (usually 1 to FOH and 2 to monitor) so I can independently control volume. If I need to hear myself better, I step on expression pedal which increases volume to output 2 only. This way I don't mess up levels going to FOH.

Just get rid of the Atomic Reactor. That is by far, the worst speaker solution I have ever used with a modeler. Overly bass heavy, muddy, and I had problems with feedback from the tweeter. There's a reason no one uses them anymore.

Just get rid of the Atomic Reactor. That is by far, the worst speaker solution I have ever used with a modeler. Overly bass heavy, muddy, and I had problems with feedback from the tweeter. There's a reason no one uses them anymore.
What would
Any recommendations on a powered cab ?

What would

Any recommendations on a powered cab ?
Atomic CLR, Friedman ASM, Xitone, Accugroove....even a powered PA speaker like the Ev ELX series would be miles better than those cabs. (I had one years ago, just not a good solution) (the Reactor)

I have two of the Alto TS212 (previous model from the TS312) and they are not overly bassy once they are raised off of the floor. I don’t know it for a fact but I would suspect that any PA speaker would work better for guitar once raised off of the floor. I literally just put them on top of the boxes they shipped in and it makes a huge improvement. They sound really great at home with the AX8.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/alto-free-speaker-stand-w-purchase.1972694/

Free speaker stands. ;)

Last edited:
Atomic CLR, Friedman ASM, Xitone, Accugroove....even a powered PA speaker like the Ev ELX series would be miles better than those cabs. (I had one years ago, just not a good solution) (the Reactor)
Thank you for your help !

I have two of the Alto TS212 (previous model from the TS312) and they are not overly bassy once they are raised off of the floor. I don’t know it for a fact but I would suspect that any PA speaker would work better for guitar once raised off of the floor. I literally just put them on top of the boxes they shipped in and it makes a huge improvement. They sound really great at home with the AX8.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/alto-free-speaker-stand-w-purchase.1972694/

Free speaker stands. ;)

Huge +1. FRFR on the floor typically needs to be on their side set up like a stage monitor but the best performance IMHO is on a stand. Standing them upright on the floor results in a huge bass boost and the mids get swallowed up.

Do you know the price of a CLR ?

I have one listed for $550, no shipping, they are $999 new.... depending where your located and if you want new or used, your looking at something in the middle. There are two versions that sound the same, but differ in weight, and as such price.

All this information is readily available and discussed to death by searching the hundreds of threads about the CLR's

I have one listed for $550, no shipping, they are $999 new.... depending where your located and if you want new or used, your looking at something in the middle. There are two versions that sound the same, but differ in weight, and as such price.

All this information is readily available and discussed to death by searching the hundreds of threads about the CLR's
Where is it listed ?

Back
Top Bottom