Possible? When using ext IAs?

reclavea

Fractal Fanatic
I have a couple of filter block’s on/off bypass status controlled by external IAs. One filter boosts vol about 5db and the other drops vol by 4db.

If I turn on the filter to add a vol boost ...and then switch scenes...the new scene retains the vol boost....which I don’t want. I’d like the scenes to be at their “saved” state however blocks are saved, not at the ext IAs state.

Is there an option to have this function?

I have a couple of filter block’s on/off bypass status controlled by external IAs. One filter boosts vol about 5db and the other drops vol by 4db.

If I turn on the filter to add a vol boost ...and then switch scenes...the new scene retains the vol boost....which I don’t want. I’d like the scenes to be at their “saved” state however blocks are saved, not at the ext IAs state.

I just encountered the same thing yesterday... Could not find a solution.

Possibly if Scene Revert is on? I didn't try that because I don't want that behavior either.

I assume you are using the MFC?

I just encountered the same thing yesterday... Could not find a solution.

Possibly if Scene Revert is on? I didn't try that because I don't want that behavior either.

I assume you are using the MFC?

I’m using the Ax8 ...and posted here in the AxeIII as I figure the same issue?

I do have “scene revert” on btw.

May be a physical limitation due to the operations of the jack(s)?

What specifically are your “external IAs?”

Example: Lets ‘s say you’re controlling the bypass state with an external latching switch. You stomp the switch to engage your boost. Then you change scenes. Your external switch is still on, calling for the boost to be engaged.

What specifically are your “external IAs?”

Example: Lets ‘s say you’re controlling the bypass state with an external latching switch. You stomp the switch to engage your boost. Then you change scenes. Your external switch is still on, calling for the boost to be engaged.

I see....would configuring the system somehow with a non-latching or momentary setup do the trick?

Maybe a possible software and the physical switch limitations?

I see....would configuring the system somehow with a non-latching or momentary setup do the trick?
Yes. Setting it up so the bypass state toggles every time it sees a pedal press would fix it.

Maybe a possible software and the physical switch limitations?
Not so much a limitation; it's the Axe doing exactly what you tell it to do. :)

Yes. Setting it up so the bypass state toggles every time it sees a pedal press would fix it.

Not so much a limitation; it's the Axe doing exactly what you tell it to do. :)

Thanks!!! I’m configuring ....:)

The ext ctrls are the tools to keep an effects status or a certain parameters value even when changing presets or changing scenes. Perfect for stomp box setups.
To make something get reset to its stored state when changing a preset or a scene don't use the externals.

The ext ctrls are the tools to keep an effects status or a certain parameters value even when changing presets or changing scenes. Perfect for stomp box setups.
To make something get reset to its stored state when changing a preset or a scene don't use the externals.

The point of my post is really also keeping from using scenes just for volume boosts or vol drops and real estate space on stomp box buttons

That shouldn't happen. Likely your MIDI controller is sending the IA along with the scene change.

That shouldn't happen. Likely your MIDI controller is sending the IA along with the scene change.
I'm seeing this behavior with an MFC-101... My scene change sends only the CC for the respective scene.

In my case, I have an IA for changing between 2 channels of the Chorus block.

The on value is 0 (channel A) and the off value is 1 (channel B).

The initial state in the MFC preset is ON, which matches the state of scene 1 on the Axe Fx III preset.

The Send with Preset and Global settings are both No.

It retains that selection across scene changes.

I'm seeing this behavior with an MFC-101... My scene change sends only the CC for the respective scene.

In my case, I have an IA for changing between 2 channels of the Chorus block.

The on value is 0 (channel A) and the off value is 1 (channel B).

The initial state in the MFC preset is ON, which matches the state of scene 1 on the Axe Fx III preset.

The Send with Preset and Global settings are both No.

It retains that selection across scene changes.
I just tested it here and it works as intended. Your MIDI controller is sending additional data with the scene change.

I recommend connecting a MIDI monitor to MIDI through to see exactly what is getting sent.

I’m just using a passive dual button pedal switch not unlike the typical amp channel switching pedals by Mesa, Peavy and Fender

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just using a passive dual button pedal switch not unlike the typical amp channel switching pedals by Mesa, Peavy and Fender

You need to state that kind of thing in your original post. This is not an "IA". An IA implies a MIDI CC message. I'm assuming you are plugged into the Pedal jacks on the back. This behavior means that you don't have the pedal type selected correctly. You want it set to "Latching".

Last edited:
You need to state that kind of thing in your original post. This is not an "IA". An IA implies a MIDI CC message. I'm assuming you are plugged into the Pedal jacks on the back. This behavior means that you don't have the pedal type selected correctly. You want it set to "Latching".

Lol....I thought I did “external IAs”

Dang ...since my Ultra days....I’ve thought that those ext jacks on the MFC were just specifically for these amp channel switching type stomp :confused: boxes :anguished:....I guess I’ve never needed to use other midi gear for my needs...which is a poor excuse for my ignorance :grimacing:

Any body else? Lol
Stupidity loves comfort :seenoevil:

Thanks for chiming in Cliff :)

And everyone!

I just tested it here and it works as intended. Your MIDI controller is sending additional data with the scene change.

I recommend connecting a MIDI monitor to MIDI through to see exactly what is getting sent.
I'll check... Do you have Scene Revert Off when testing?

Here are screen shots from MidOX (which I have never used before). Let me know if there is something specific you want to see.

This shows right after selecting a preset, then pressing the IA for Chorus 1 Channel (which turns it off, it is on by default) followed by selecting scene 6:

Preset-IA-Scene.PNG

Here is a shot of selecting scenes 1-6 in sequence:

Scene1-6.PNG

As you can see, there is NO additional or unexpected midi data being sent. Each line is a single click of a single scene IA in sequence from 1-6.

I am using CC# 34 for scenes and CC# 6 for Chorus 1 Channel as can be seen in the sysex output.

More like:

Rex... use a non-latching pedal.
Cliff... use your current pedal and set Type to Latching.

Either one works.

My response to you I guess wasn’t too clear ....my bad ...when I said “configuring the setup” I meant keeping the latching pedal and setting up the IA settings :)

Thanks a bunch!

Back
Top Bottom